Friday Night Cake Club For 09-13-19

Decorating By Laetia Updated 17 Sep 2019 , 2:48am by angesradieux

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 12:03am
post #1 of 16

Opening up another session of FNCC! Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

Happy Friday the 13 everyone, I hope your day was'nt curse with bad luck! I cant wait to see your weekly cake.

15 replies
angesradieux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angesradieux Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 1:12am
post #2 of 16

This cake was made incorrectly, so we marked it as a manager's special. My boss basically said I can do whatever I want with manager's special cakes, so I tried doing a sunset on the beach scene.

Sweet sixteen cake. Customer wanted a flower cascade, so I did roses piped on a flower nail on top and rosettes down the side, with leaves and some baby's breath for filler.

Pink monstrosity. It's supposed to be a decopac barbie cake, but the customer didn't want to buy the barbie toy that should go on top, so it's just lots of eye searing pink. I ended up doing this one because another decorator called out last minute and I had to do all the orders for this weekend. Not my favorite cake, but I got a bit of practice with the airbrush.

Another manager's special. I showed a photo of this one to the customer who ordered the flower cascade cake. She liked the idea of the flowers, but didn't want them around the whole cake and wanted turquoise instead of purple.

Can't wait to see what everyone else has been up to this week!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 4:02am
post #3 of 16

Nice work anges :)   

Laetia Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 3:02pm
post #4 of 16

Lovely cakes @angesradieux . I love the desing of your turquoise sweet 16 cake

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 6:21pm
post #5 of 16

You've been busy, angesradieux!  I particularly like your beach cake. Beautiful piping on all.

SandraSmiley Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 6:25pm
post #6 of 16

I am sorry that I have been unable to post for a while.  All of my work is tied up in collaborations, waiting for the reveal date.  Here is what I worked on last week for a gentleman's 60th birthday.  He loves country music, especially Vince Gill and many of the older stars.  Since I still had my Dolly and Willie models, somewhat the worse for wear since the fell off the mantle, I refurbished them to go with other decorations.  So, here is what I've finished so far.Friday Night Cake Club For 09-13-19

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 14 Sep 2019 , 9:35pm
post #7 of 16

Sandra - your figures are just incredible. Looking forward to seeing your collaborations. 

I made this loaded rose gold chocolate cake. 

Laetia Posted 15 Sep 2019 , 11:35am
post #8 of 16

Omg @SandraSmiley , those sculpture are incredible! So, so gorgeous. 

@Louglou your cake looks so decadent, yummy!

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 1:27am
post #9 of 16

Louglou, you cake is gorgeous and I would love to eat half of it!  Thank you for your kind words and your's too, sweet Laetia!

kakeladi Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 1:50am
post #10 of 16

Sandra what a talent you have     Oooh my what a great chocolate overload  louglou :)  

angesradieux Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 2:02am
post #11 of 16

Thanks everyone! The sweet sixteen and beach cakes were my favorites. The pink one? Last night someone left the freezer open all night and it melted before the customer picked it up. I felt physically ill when I showed up to work and realized what happened.

Sandra, your figures are phenomenal! This morning I was trying to learn to sculpt with pastillage and it didn't go at all how I hoped. I am in absolute awe of your skill!

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 12:10pm
post #12 of 16

Had an order for a circus tent smash cake.  I tend to always go overboard so this ended up being a bit elaborate for a smash cake LOL!  It was also my first time making ABC with high-ratio shortening (party was going to be outside in 80+ degree, sunny weather).  I actually preferred the taste of the icing with the added shortening then I do my all butter ABC...it wasn't as sweet which I prefer.

kakeladi Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 1:19pm
post #13 of 16

That’s a smash cake?  Wow!!  When I need a cake I’ll be sure to order from you!     That’s amazing   What sizes did you use?  Is the top carved or did you use RCT or styrofoam?    Beautiful just beautiful 

Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 16 Sep 2019 , 2:19pm
post #14 of 16

@kakeladi - yup it is a smash cake!  I used your WASC recipe with a yellow cake mix!  It was a 6" round cake and I used the tops from my leveled layers to create the top of the tent.  I just cut out smaller circles as I went up and then for the tip I made a small amount of cake pop mix.  I contemplated shaving down the circles but figured that the buttercream would easily fill in any gaps so I just slapped on the frosting and smoothed it out...so yay for no messy carving!  I rarely do all buttercream cakes and by the end I think I had buttercream all over me and my kitchen LOL!

Laetia Posted 17 Sep 2019 , 12:53am
post #15 of 16

Amazing work @Freckles0829 ! Your cake is so adorable and the elephant is just too sweet! I cant believe your cake is all made with buttercream. Everything is so straight and smooth!

angesradieux Posted 17 Sep 2019 , 2:48am
post #16 of 16

That cake's too pretty to smash! I especially love the animals you made. So darn cute!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%