Dessert Table For 180 Guests!

Decorating By louglou Updated 12 Sep 2019 , 11:17pm by theresaf

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 8:39pm
post #1 of 10

Where would you even start on this? It’s for a bat mitzvah so lots of kids and the dessert table is the main attraction. The theme is glow in the dark. 

This is too much for one person to manage isn’t it?

9 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 9:04pm
post #2 of 10

I’m sure you will get some more knowledgeable answers but I would think of how many different items you can handle—like 6 -7 fingering 20 servings each then figure out how long it will take to make them    For kids I’d say 2 kinds of cookies, 

kakeladi Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 9:25pm
post #3 of 10

I was not finished:(   After cookies some candy—chocolate dipped nuts,  haystacks,candy, marshmallows etc  then a pie & cake   Cookies should be fancy decorated @ 24-36 per batch   Easy to dip ritz & soda crackers; haystacks are just shredded coconut mixed with melted chocolate-same w/a couple different nuts       Maybe 2each pies& cake -displayed as anchor on each end of table   Want more?  Add some fresh fruit maybe w/frosting dip or dipped in white chocoholate   Cupcakes or muffins instead of or w/decorated cake—again getting 24-36 per batch   Sweet breads like zucchini or green tomatoe;  lemon; banana etc    I think most figure 2-3servings per person on a sweet table 

rychevamp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rychevamp Posted 11 Sep 2019 , 10:30pm
post #4 of 10

If you do 3-4 pieces per person (I'm assuming mini desserts) , then that's 540-720 pieces. 

If it's a lot of kids, cookies, brownies and bar cookies, lemon bars, marshmallows, etc would be easy and some made ahead and frozen.  If you can get any small disposable dessert cups, mousse, pudding, Panna Cotta, mini trifles would look nice set up on the table. Truffles are quick and can be made ahead. Macarons can be made and frozen. 

There are premade mini tart shells, or the mini phyllo cups. Fill and top with fruit, meringue, etc.

kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 1:49am
post #5 of 10

Be sure you are aware of the costs of ingredients so you charge enough!!  Those phylo cups mentioned (nice idea but my they’re expensive   Sure the cost is passed on but as I said make sure you charge enough   Yes I failed to mention  that much can made ahead & fzn     still think you can handle such an order?   

kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 1:49am
post #6 of 10

Be sure you are aware of the costs of ingredients so you charge enough!!  Those phylo cups mentioned (nice idea but my they’re expensive   Sure the cost is passed on but as I said make sure you charge enough   Yes I failed to mention  that much can made ahead & fzn     still think you can handle such an order?   

kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 7:03pm
post #7 of 10

Did you see all the pictures/links at the bottom of the page?  I thought this one would be of interest to you especially:  https://www.cakecentral.com/gallery/i/2964855/i-need-to-go-back-and-get-better-pics-of-the-small-table-but-here-are-pics-of-my-2-dessert-table-displays-at-classic-party-rental-in-the-we   A few more give recipes for fudge, cookies and pops that might be a good addition to your sweet table. 

louglou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
louglou Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 7:07pm
post #8 of 10

Thanks for all the replies. I think I’m going to decline. I just don’t have the space or time for such a big job. 

kakeladi Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 7:58pm
post #9 of 10

I certainly understand - it is A LOT of work for one person.

theresaf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
theresaf Posted 12 Sep 2019 , 11:17pm
post #10 of 10

Wow that's a ton of work for one person - and for kids it could be more like 3+ per kid not to mention the allergy-free section which would have to be addressed.  That's a team effort for sure !  

Theresa

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%