Wedding Cake Catastrophe Part Ii

Baking By Kalexhurt Updated 20 Aug 2019 , 2:36am by kakeladi

Kalexhurt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kalexhurt Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 2:16pm
post #1 of 7

Thanks so much to cakeladi that let me know I could reply to my forum so this is the end of this story  (--cake-catastrophe-1 yes I’m new in Here but I have been following and learning a lot from here. I was devastated and was just gonna call and apologize but the flowers decorations ladies didn’t let me and told to go and get 2 cakes from the store and try to fix something, lucky for me my cake supplies store was close so i run and got some foam drums, colored fondant and try to make a replica, I cried all the time but I was able of kind of save it and this is what my replica looks, they were soo understanding with the situation and give me compliments on the fake cake and the taste of the real one because they were able to serve some slices Wedding Cake Catastrophe Part Ii

6 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 4:06pm
post #2 of 7

wow did you ROCK that -- what a save!!! 

you've got what it takes blush to succeed at anything!

brava clap

standing o!

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 4:10pm
post #3 of 7

girl, you do your best work under duress -- this cake is better, cleaner than the first one -- just sayin'

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 7

When I read this, I wanted to stand up and cheer, fist thrust in the air and scream YES1  As -K8memphis said, you ROCK!  With a save like that, you are already a pro!  Rather that worry over the accident, you should be feeling very proud of yourself for pulling off such an awesome save.  Bravo for you!

BettyA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BettyA Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 9:04pm
post #5 of 7

Fantastic save !!!!! I agree with all the others " you rock". Sorry you were under such stress but you came thru with flying colors. :))

Lindasicings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lindasicings Posted 19 Aug 2019 , 9:36pm
post #6 of 7

My worst fear, I am amazed you put something back together for them.  Good Job!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 20 Aug 2019 , 2:36am
post #7 of 7

That’s not a remake — you are trying to fool us   It is soooo close I really don’t see a difference :)   That shows what a **great** decorator you are!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%