Two Themes One Cake

Baking By lalalisa Updated 18 Jul 2019 , 3:55pm by MerMadeBakedGoods

lalalisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lalalisa Posted 15 Jul 2019 , 8:52pm
post #1 of 6

Hello all,

I am making a cake for a male 60th birthday. I am trying to combine his job - customs border agent and his hobby as an outdoorsman (canoeing, camping). I have free reign for designing. I thought of a tree stump cake for the outdoors part but now I don't know how to include his job. Any ideas? Please and thank you!

5 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Jul 2019 , 9:52pm
post #2 of 6

what about his badge on there — I mean i’m not even sure exactly what that job entails — is it at an airport or at an international border — does he go through luggage or frisk people or?

does he wear a badge  or maybe the logo from his work either snucked into a big knot hole on the  side of the trunk of the ‘tree’ — or across the top on the cut part of the trunk

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 16 Jul 2019 , 4:46am
post #3 of 6

Not sure why but the first image that popped into my head was making the person but having them be a deer instead. As in a big blokey stag with a very serious expression on his face (one eyebrow raised sort of thing) and some part of the uniform on him (hat perched on his antlers / badge on his chest / belt with whatever accessories a customs border agent has (notebook/pepper spray?? Sorry, I have no idea) ) and have the deer be standing at the base of the tree trunk with an open suitcase in front of him. One leg & hoof raised as though pawing through the suitcase looking for anything suspicious.

Just an idea!!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jul 2019 , 5:17am
post #4 of 6

Somewhere in there put a small tent &/or a canoe 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jul 2019 , 5:17am
post #5 of 6

Somewhere in there put a small tent &/or a canoe 

MerMadeBakedGoods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MerMadeBakedGoods Posted 18 Jul 2019 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 6

Okay - this might seem crazy but if it’s canada/US border which I’ve crossed a billion times to visit family, I have always found it funny what they confiscate.

to that end...you could do the camping theme cake but maybe have a suitcase at his campsite or something else with the border patrol logo with some things in it or strewn about the campsite that were confiscated at the border...maybe he even has some funny personal stories that tie in which you could use.

I’ll never for get when they took our bananas!!! :)

ir...you could have him canoeing with one riverbank Canada the other US and have a bunch of woodland creatures waiting in line to cross (moose, bear, squirrel)...that would be hilarious!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%