Ooohhh These Ugly!! Spammers

Lounge By kakeladi Updated 26 Jun 2019 , 12:46am by SquirrellyCakes

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Jun 2019 , 3:01am
post #1 of 7

I’m sure Jackie must be working on it but it’s so frustrating to see all that nonscense 

6 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 25 Jun 2019 , 7:54pm
post #2 of 7

Agreed. I cannot see their point. Nobody bothers with their ads - they just disrupt and "hiss" everyone off as my kitten would say. I think if I ran a site I would be losing my mind by now with the nonsense site owners have to deal with.

Have to say though, the cake photos are magnificent, aren't they? Haven't been able to go through too many but my goodness - the talent and imaginations! True genius.

I am out of the loop so I have a question. Is it standard to have a waiting period to have a recipe reviewed before it is posted? I am asking because I posted a recipe and received an email stating it was under review. It is my own creation. I just wondered if this is the norm.

kakeladi Posted 25 Jun 2019 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 7

I'm surprised you got that message.   When I tried to post recipes they just get lost in cyber space:(   It's really just  a guess but I think it has to do with copyright laws.  About the only way now is to include it in a post.   Unfortunately it then gets lost in the many, many post on the site.

ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 25 Jun 2019 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

I would guess anything that requires moderator approval like recipes and new member replies aren't going to work as long as no one is actively involved in managing the site. 

kakeladi Posted 25 Jun 2019 , 8:29pm
post #5 of 7

TCD we don't see behind the scenes.  If no one is actively involved in managing the site how did the pictures get back on?  (Even though it still isn't 100% right at least we can see them for the most part)    I for one have NO IDEA what is involved in running a site anything like this and even though there have been times when I never got any kind of reply to an inquirey I still believe Jackie and Heath are actively working their tails off trying to keep this running.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 25 Jun 2019 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 7

yes Jackie put a bug fix* on here a few days ago when the pictures reappeared — while there are no moderators as such there is an owner who is a programmer — I think that’s the correct term — and like lynne said, she is active keeping this old ship sailing

*the reason I know about the bug fix is because I got an email notification that I believe is a automatically sent out — 

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 12:46am
post #7 of 7

Thanks. Maybe it is an automatic email. It was odd because it looked like it had actually posted. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%