Utilize Two Types Of Buttercream For Cakes

Baking By Jspirit4 Updated 25 Jun 2019 , 10:57am by -K8memphis

Jspirit4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jspirit4 Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 2:38pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone! I have found, in the past 2 years of business baking, that most love creamier buttercream(50% shortening, 50% real butter in the recipe). However, it does not withstand higher heat and humidity. Does anyone use 2 different types of buttercream on and in a cake? For example, using a crusting buttercream on the outside, and a softer buttercream on the inside? Just curious...thanks so much everyone! 

7 replies
thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 8

btt

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 5:47pm
post #3 of 8

One of the reasons I’ Replying is to move this up out of all the spam   Why not? :)   Of course it can be done that way if you & the client like it that way   

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 7:03pm
post #4 of 8

I would not do that — too lazy — i don’t even crumb coat — why ice the cake twice right?

i do make more than one bc sometimes one to decorate with and the other to ice the cake — but not to fill it — 

that’s just moi

-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 7:06pm
post #5 of 8

but i’m already using Swiss meringue bc to ice the cake and I often use fruit and special fillings anyhow —

there’s nothing wrong with doing that though 

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 24 Jun 2019 , 1:29am
post #6 of 8

Sure, but whatever buttercream you use inside will still be affected by the heat and humidity. This can cause slippage if it melts too. You might want to use a high ratio shortening buttercream  recipe as high ratio shortening can withstand a higher temperature.

-K8memphis Posted 24 Jun 2019 , 2:09pm
post #7 of 8

-K8memphis Posted 25 Jun 2019 , 10:57am
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%