Moist Chocolate Cake Recipe?

Baking By Ybird Updated 23 Jun 2019 , 7:21pm by -K8memphis

Ybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ybird Posted 22 Jun 2019 , 8:25am
post #1 of 7

Hi , can anyone help me with a good yummy moist chocolate cake recipe? 

I have been told to look out for a recipe using more liquid and also one that uses sour cream.

6 replies
ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 22 Jun 2019 , 10:53am
post #2 of 7

The Hershey's "Perfectly Chocolate" chocolate cake recipe is a really good one with a few modifications... It's actually a really good one as written, but it's better with the following changes.

1) Replace the Hershey's cocoa with a quality dutch processed cocoa.  I like Guittard Cocoa Rouge.

2) Reduce the baking soda and baking powder to 1tsp each

3) Replace the milk with sour cream.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 22 Jun 2019 , 2:23pm
post #3 of 7

Another great choice is the *original * WASC cake    Find it in the recipe section of this site   Yes it’s a long post but well worth reading the whole thing as there are many many goods hints — helpful tips w/in the replies  

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 22 Jun 2019 , 4:03pm
post #4 of 7

just two:

@kakeladi 's *original * WASC cake   &

Hershey's Perfectly chocolate chocolate cake.

Ybird Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ybird Posted 22 Jun 2019 , 4:31pm
post #5 of 7

Thank you for your reply’s i will take a look 

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 2:43am
post #6 of 7

https://www.marthastewart.com/962196/chocolate-flecked-layer-cake-milk-chocolate-frosting

This is my favourite chocolate cake recipe although I use only a third of the icing recipe as a filling and use my own icing. I don't use coarse salt but substitute 1 teaspoon of regular salt. It isn't a traditional chocolate cake because you use chopped chocolate and it ends up speckled with chocolate throughout. However it is simply delicious and moist. If you wish, you can make 30 cupcakes with it instead using 1/4 cup batter per cupcake and baking for 17-19 minutes at 350F. 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 23 Jun 2019 , 7:21pm
post #7 of 7

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%