I Can't See Photos Anymore

Baking By Rachel_n_VA Updated 26 Jun 2019 , 3:18am by gscout73

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 1:59pm
post #31 of 59

So SquirrellyCakes you have been around a long time. I took a cake decorating course from a lady cake decorator who owned her own shop in my city. Long gone now. My children were very small. Decorating went on the back burner when I went back to work full time. I did belong to a few online cake forums in early 2005ish  One that was Canadian, that now has become a monthly pay fb page. But CC WAS the only cake forum with no competition for a very long time. As you said, so  much more competition now. 

And as a for that cake decorator who lost her decorating fb page. She has lost her livelihood. Her cake page directed people to her YouTube page. Plus she sold her tutorials, cutters, molds etc. The page was “Cakes by Linda”. I was never a follower, but I have a decorator friend who was. Apparently Ceri, that’s her name, (although cake page is “Cakes by Linda”), was very outspoken about counterfeit cake decorating products, hers and others,  sold on Etsy, Amazon etc. Cake Masters magazine in UK just posted an open letter to readers about counterfeit molds hurting cake decorating businesses. Some businesses actually closing. My friend wonders if Linda’s fb page was stolen for her relentless remarks. Who knows. But can you imagine your identity stolen? Your bank account?? You can’t get into your bank account, conduct any transactions. Just frightening.

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 2:25pm
post #32 of 59

K8memphis - I thought that you and kakeladi were moderating...lol.

I won't get into the nonsense - don't worry. It all gets hurtful and ridiculous and when you try to stop it you end up accused of being a perpetrator or being misinterpreted.  I know you have seen a lot of it - I just found it all awful. And hurtful. For God's sake - we are talking about baking and sugar and people are cursing each other and insulting each other. Guess I am thin skinned but I could not handle it.

So I started volunteering elsewhere and weaned myself off of my passion. Now J volunteer in school reading programs and sit on my granddaughter's school council and bake for school fundraisers. I was shocked to see Wilton forums gone and CC no longer the busy site it was. Glad to see you and kakeladi still here.

I got into gluten-free baking for a few celiac friends and acquaintances.

Wish we could do something to help Jackie and Heath bring this back to what it was if that is what they still want.

SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 2:37pm
post #33 of 59

jchuck

You are right. All I lost was my reputation with some people because she lied about why I left to the people at the Wilton site on the public forum and also on her site and other sites I belonged to. I knew the truth as did the people she went after and sometimes the truth is all you have. So I lost my works and could not afford to go after hiring a lawyer to deal with it. I also lost a friend because I actually thought she was a friend.

Still, it is not like that lady losing her livelihood and everything else. That is just awful after her working so hard to get where she was - I cannot imagine. I agree with her speaking out - she was right. Sometimes we do not see karma. It just isn't fair. There should be some way for that to be investigated. How do people live with themselves after doing something like that? Poor lady.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 3:18pm
post #34 of 59

no no no squirrellyc, I was complimenting you on the way you handled/worded it -- I had thought about mentioning it but I din know how to and keep it refined here and at a pleasant level -- but helpfulcakedude I think it was said he wished he had been here then and I thought yeah maybe maybe not -- the past is the past thank goodness ==

even with all of her problems I love cake central -- I love talking cakes -- love it

jchuck Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 3:27pm
post #35 of 59

Well SqirrellyCakes

I do not believe anyone gets away with anything. I believe one day we will all have to stand before God. He is the ultimate judge. He will decide. So I don’t worry about it. Many want vengeance, big difference from justice. And here on earth, I believe the deliberate things we perpetuate, unkindness, gossip, whatever, large or small eventually affect us...mentally, physically and spiritually. We just always see it. I’m certainly not perfect, no Angel. I’ve done/said things I’m not proud of. I’ve always tried to apologize, or make amends. I try to remember to treat others as I would want to be treated. And that all of us have battles we’re fighting. I too, I admit, am thinned skinned. I’ve gotten a lot better with age and maturity. Have to decide not to let someone/something steal your joy or peace of mind. Don’t give them the power. 

I wish Jackie and Heath were more active on the CC site. Answering questions..etc. But who knows what’s going on. They too may have situations/battles we know nothing about.

-K8memphis Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 3:28pm
post #36 of 59

Quote by @SquirrellyCakes on 1 hour ago

K8memphis - I thought that you and kakeladi were moderating...lol.

(i'm not speaking for lynne)

no I just got a big mouth hahahahaha

webberblessings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webberblessings Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 3:29pm
post #37 of 59

Very true Agree. AMEN

webberblessings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
webberblessings Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 3:30pm
post #38 of 59

Sorry, was meant for another reply. Not to the one above...lol

-K8memphis Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 3:32pm
post #39 of 59

no worries blush

jchuck Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 3:33pm
post #40 of 59

Yes webberblessings...I got that...    o:)

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 4:30pm
post #41 of 59

I have lost all of my photos now. Everything was saved on CC. They are not responding to emails. What is going on? 

SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 4:34pm
post #42 of 59

k8memphis - oh no, I did not take offense at all. Too funny - we are all tripping over ourselves trying not to offend anyone. Love it though! Had a laugh at the timing of the "big mouth" post and the apology. There was a time where that would have been a royal battle...lol. This is so nice!

I have seen people who appear to be rotten to the core, achieve great success and wondered why. But perhaps they are never really happy with it. Sometimes the people with the least are the happiest.  

I don't wish anything bad on anyone but I do hope that someone like that lady who stole that other lady's identity and livelihood - will regret it and make amends. That is so shocking.

This is a great discussion.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 5:09pm
post #43 of 59

There is an advertising bit below our comments..... "Shop Related Products".    If you don't think that the photos showing up on this website is very important, just take a look at the photos showing up on the advertisements.  If you just read the description you'd probably pass them by. 

With the photos visible it really send it home -- what it is & what it looks like is very important.  Humans are VERY visual beings.  Remember that we do eat with our eyes also.

jchuck Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 6:33pm
post #44 of 59

SquirrellyCakes

Ut was a lady/person who stole “Cakes by Linda” fb page. Some very, very sophisticated individuals. Possibly out of the Philippines. Her fb page is now loaded with videos of “how too” do techniques of  cakes, cookies etc. If you happened upon the page, you probably wouldn’t notice anything amiss. With the exception that all her content, cake pics and videos are now gone. Replaced with whomever stole the page. 

Ginger6361 No one knows what’s going on. We may not have lost our cake pictures. Remains to be seen. If CC is fixed, all should be well. I’ve backed up my cake photos.

MBalaska

Yes a cake site SHOULD be visual. And I just realized, you’re correct. The advertising content, including photos are still there. Have been since the disappearing photos started. 

I can only speak for myself, that I would send out a mass email to all CC members apologizing for the hiccup on the site. Saying there working on it. But as I posted before, we have no idea what’s going on with Jackie & Heath. Guess we’ll just have to wait and see. Several years ago, there was a huge debacle about CC magazine. Print and digital copies. Just a ton of members paid, and never received anything. Members weren’t getting any response from there inquiries. I have absolutely no idea what transpired about that situation, or how or if it got resolved.

jchuck Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 6:56pm
post #45 of 59

I went back into the CC site after my last post here and decided to click on the blank squares that are supposed to be pictures. There are actually descriptions of the cakes with members names. I am wondering if this was like the glitch on CC where some members, including me, couldn’t log into the site?? I had trouble for over a year and a half where I couldn’t log on, post content in the forum, upload pictures. Or I would post, and thought was uploaded, but content never went through.  Think that was 2 years ago?? Wondering if it’s only certain members, as in the glitch I mentioned, who are being affected? Could be that many members aren’t having difficulty at all. They are seeing all the photo content. Gonna ask a couple of my cakey friends who are also on CC.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 7:22pm
post #46 of 59

I can't see any pictures, June, although I can see the descriptions when I click on the question mark.

jchuck Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 7:33pm
post #47 of 59

Don’t know if the squares/pics are frozen from last week. Or some members aren’t having difficulties, and are able to upload pictures, see and comment??? A waiting game. 

SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 7:56pm
post #48 of 59

I don't know what is going on with the pictures and the site but it was my experience with Jackie and Heath in the past that they are very honest, hard working individuals. They don't put up with a lot of nonsense that is true and they will call people on it if they think people are up to no good. I would think that you will see something from them soon.

jchuck Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 8:44pm
post #49 of 59

Well SquirrellyCakes. I guess It’s a waiting game. It’s a shame because I think these glitches, the previous one, members not being able to log on, upload, comment, etc., and now this definitely hurts the site. Unlike FB, CC doesn’t have 100’s of paid employees dedicated to running the site. FB  have been able to fix most minor hiccups/ glitches pretty quickly. But even FB, with all their staff, had trouble with the onslaught of fake advertising/ fake news. 

ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 8:48pm
post #50 of 59

I tried messaging Jackie last week and got no reply.  Has anyone tried the phone number?

ThatCakeDude42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThatCakeDude42 Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 9:04pm
post #51 of 59

"Cakes By Linda"  I know why that sounds familiar now! I was looking on youtube to see who the first person to post a fault line cake was, and it was her. I remember thinking it was sad that she started the craze and her video only had like 90 views. Now I know why; I feel awful for her.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 19 Jun 2019 , 9:07pm
post #52 of 59

No I am not a moderator.   I don't think anyone is/has been except for Jackie & Heath who own this site.

jchuck Posted 21 Jun 2019 , 9:46pm
post #53 of 59

Well Gang...all is right with the world again. PHOTOS ARE BACK!! They were not there this morning. Or mid afternoon. So obviously Jackie had been working diligently to fix everything. Yeah...Yeah......

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 21 Jun 2019 , 11:25pm
post #54 of 59

THANK YOU, THANK YOU JACKIE!

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 2:46am
post #55 of 59

Will, it looks like the cake pics are back, but mine don't appear to all actually be back. I see images in my gallery. But If I click on it to go into to it, the image is not there, I see the description, the comments, but instead of a pic there is a box. Do any of you have that?? I've been here since 2007 and do recall the site so busy and many lively discussions going on. i have learned so much and hate to see the site die out. Thank you to all of you experts who have remained.

gscout73 Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 2:51am
post #56 of 59

Yes, it looks like the thumbnails for all my pics are there. But how could the uploaded pic not be there? Most of mine are this way.

jchuck Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 2:58am
post #57 of 59

All my pictures are in my gallery. Actual photos and descriptions. Perhaps it will take some time for everything to come back to normal. I actually uploaded a new cake yesterday. Had no problems loading, or photo not showing up. 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 3:15am
post #58 of 59

Yah there’s still some problems but I’ still am glad to see what is there

gscout73 Posted 26 Jun 2019 , 3:18am
post #59 of 59

Quote by @kakeladi on 1 minute ago

Yah there’s still some problems but I’ still am glad to see what is there

Me too. I'm going thru my cake pics flash drive to make sure they're all backed up.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%