Wedding Cake For About 115 People

Business By made_by_morgan Updated 8 May 2019 , 6:01pm by -K8memphis

made_by_morgan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
made_by_morgan Posted 8 May 2019 , 1:41pm
post #1 of 3

Hello, i am making a cake for a wedding this September. Right now i am working on a quote for the bride and i am lost at how many tiers and sizes i would need. she picked 2 flavors and is inviting 130 people, but as all weddings go, not everyone will rsvp. How do you all price your larger cakes?!

thank you in advance

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 May 2019 , 2:34pm
post #2 of 3

They are usually priced by the number of servings   You should figure on how many are invited—they don’t want to not have enough for all;)   Leftovers can be frozen or given to those who are around when it’ s clean up time:)   If the sizes total 125 servings then the total cost should be around $475 -550 depending on how it’s decorated    Check out the Wilton site for the # of servings each tier will yield   I think it would be 14,10,6   for that many.  Wilton is considered the industry standard for # of servings   Agreeing on a design 1st is important to come up with a price 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 8 May 2019 , 6:01pm
post #3 of 3

there are a few question you'll want to ask the bride -- like does she understand that some people will want both flavors -- so her server will want to be prepared to say "one flavor or the other" or buy more to accommodate those who do want both  --

does she want the top tier reserved for the first anniversary

she decides how many servings to purchase from you -- that's not your decision -- there are various ways to determine how many will attend -- I used half of the invited guest list unless there were blanket invites given to work or church -- so you need to ask her how many people the invites represent -- like are there plus ones, families with two or three kinds invited with one invite -- you are saying 130 people so maybe you already know but I always dug in and made sure if that was  a head count or the number of invitations-- 

and on that matter -- the cake maker can't wait for the last minute head count like a caterer can/does

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%