Stiff Buttercream With Coffee Creamer

Decorating By AutumnMarie28 Updated 7 Apr 2019 , 10:20pm by SandraSmiley

AutumnMarie28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AutumnMarie28 Posted 4 Apr 2019 , 2:31pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone have a buttercream recipe that can be used with liquid coffee creamer? But that is also stiff? I found a recipe but found it wasn't stiff and my buttercream ended up being a mess, because I didn't want to add any more powdered sugar and then have it overly sweet. Can any of you bakers please help me out

Thanks in advance.

7 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Apr 2019 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 8

I’ m Wondering if you just didn’t beat it enough    I’ve never even seen such a recipe much less made it but it sure sounds like it  wasn’t stiff enough because it just  wasn’t beaten well   I don’t drink coffee so don’t use creamer   Is there even fat in it?   Unless you mean whipping cream 

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 4 Apr 2019 , 9:50pm
post #3 of 8

if you join this page you can get the recipes for the stiff icing and the coffee creamer flavored items 

https://www.sugaredproductions.com/

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 12:44am
post #4 of 8

If you are replacing cream, milk, water - whatever liquid normally used - with liquid coffee creamer, I see no reason why it wouldn't be as firm as usual.  I would add more sugar.  ABC is sweet, but a little salt will help cut the sweetness.

Jessica32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jessica32 Posted 5 Apr 2019 , 2:46am
post #5 of 8

I second Sandra. I would just replace it with the liquid in the recipe..mine would be milk. This is an interesting thought for a subtle way to change the taste of buttercream, there's so many different flavors! Goodness, I may have to try this!

thecanadian160 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecanadian160 Posted 6 Apr 2019 , 12:29am
post #6 of 8

I use it all the time, it helps add a little flavor. Most of the time I use the sweet cream or white chocolate macadamia nut. 

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 7 Apr 2019 , 6:08pm
post #7 of 8

Read the label.  Some coffee creamers, especially generic brands, have a lot of oil in them, which will change the consistency of the buttercream.  Many years ago, a food service brand of coffee creamer used at a lunch counter I frequented used a creamer that had monkeys on the container.  When I inquired about it, the server handed me the container and said, "Read the ingredients."  It had banana oil in it.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 7 Apr 2019 , 10:20pm
post #8 of 8

Why not use powdered coffee creamer?  It works great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%