Tiered Cake Stacking

Decorating By Jeff_Arnett Updated 12 Mar 2019 , 12:26am by SandraSmiley

Jeff_Arnett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeff_Arnett Posted 9 Mar 2019 , 2:13am
post #1 of 3
Let's get some good topic discussion going. Wedding season is up on...I've booked three weddings in March already!

Tonight I am working on a two tier birthday cake and took a second to take a pix of my support system.

I used either a drum base (small cakes) or a 1 inch thick foam core cake base (larger cakes). I cut a 1/2 inch hole in the the drum...or order a 1/2 inch hole already drilled in th foamcore bases...and measure a 1/2 inch wooden dowel one inch smaller that the final height of the completed cake...with the depth of the base's hole the dowels is 1 3/4 to 2 inches shorter than the complete cake.

I ice all cakes one same sized 3/8 inch foam core boards with a 1/2 inch hole in the center. I dowel my tiers with straws or wooden dowels as usual. When ready to stack I simply slide the cakes down over the center dowel....the cakes are automatically centered. Since i work pretty much exclusively in buttercream, this makes it much easier to get the cakes in place without damaging the icing.

How do the rest of you stack your cakes?Tiered Cake Stacking
2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 9 Mar 2019 , 3:57pm
post #2 of 3

Interesting   Never went through all that but can see it working   Just giving you a bump since this site has been hit with a full page of spam:( 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Mar 2019 , 12:26am
post #3 of 3

bump

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%