Ganache Has A Jelly Type Film On It... Why?!

Baking By CassiaM Updated 8 Feb 2019 , 6:29pm by kakeladi

CassiaM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CassiaM Posted 8 Feb 2019 , 5:11am
post #1 of 2

Hello all,

I have made ganache before, using semi sweet chocolate chips and cream (in the past I used half and half), and it has always turned out great. Today I made it using a different brand of chocolate chips (Kirkland), and heavy whipping cream. I left it on the counter covered for about 6 hours and when I went to use it, there was some oily, jelly type stuff sitting on top of part of it. What happened?! Can it still be used? I gave it a good mix and it looks and tastes fine, so I put it in between the layers of a chocolate cake which I’ll be completing tomorrow. But now I’m worried that the ganache in between the layers will be disgusting by Saturday (it’s for my sons birthday party).  Should I refrigerate it? Scrap it? Ive only done filled and stacked it and now it’s covered well in Saran Wrap. 


1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%