Disposable Pan???

Baking By Red1004 Updated 25 Jan 2019 , 5:14pm by SandraSmiley

Red1004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Red1004 Posted 24 Jan 2019 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 6

I got my first FOUR orders yesterday! So exciting and a bit nerve wracking. Here’s the issue. I agreed to make a recipe provided to me by a coworker for her husbands bday. It’s due Monday. The recipe is a chocolate sheet cake that has the icing poured over it as soon as it comes out of the oven. I’ve never made it before but told her I didn’t think it would hold together to turn out straight out the oven. We decided it should be made in a disposable pan and left in it. Not my first choice but it is what it is. Soooo I’ve never baked in disposable pans. Do I need to grease and flour it like I do my regular pans? I don’t wanna make a whole practice cake to try but I don’t want it to stick either. 

5 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 24 Jan 2019 , 3:33pm
post #2 of 6

I would definitely prepare the pan as you would for any other cake.  Even though you are leaving it in the pan they will still need to be able to cut and remove slices with ease.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2019 , 6:55pm
post #3 of 6

yes what freckels said -- those cakes are delicious -- texas sheet cake

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Jan 2019 , 8:50pm
post #4 of 6

Another one who agrees with the above.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 24 Jan 2019 , 10:15pm
post #5 of 6

the sugar in the cake will hold steady after cooling for five minutes -- you could turn it out at that point and then apply the icing -- I would want to borrow her glass 9x13 to bake it in if I kept it in the pan -- you're making me hungry blush I LOVE texas sheet cake

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 25 Jan 2019 , 5:14pm
post #6 of 6

Ditto all of the above, especially the loving Texas Sheet Cake part!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%