Help, I’M Making A Paw Patrol Lookout Tower Topper And I Have Fondant Questions

Decorating By crystalep13 Updated 16 Nov 2018 , 10:49pm by SandraSmiley

crystalep13 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crystalep13 Posted 13 Nov 2018 , 2:31am
post #1 of 8

Hi I’m pretty new to cake decorating... so ive given myself a new challenge I’m making a 2 tiered cake with a paw patrol lookout tower topper on the second tier.. I’ve decided to use styrofoam dummies and possibly rice crispy treats for one section of the topper.. my question is .. since i have to build the tower in sections can I work on the fondant one section at a time and let that section dry overnight ?? Or do I need to do all the fondant that same day???? And since I’m starting the topper a week in advance where should i store it? I’ve never worked on a fondant piece this big nor have I worked with styrofoam ( don’t laugh) .. i normally let my fondant pieces dry out in a room they won’t be bothered.. 

Thank you

Crystal

7 replies
Freckles0829 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Freckles0829 Posted 13 Nov 2018 , 3:21pm
post #2 of 8

You can definitely work in sections on different days and then assemble all the sections once you are done.  I would just store the pieces like you normally would.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 13 Nov 2018 , 3:48pm
post #3 of 8

What Freckles 0829 said!

BeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeAnn Posted 15 Nov 2018 , 8:47pm
post #4 of 8

How big are you planning on making the paw patrol tower?  I made this paw patrol cake last year and tried rice krispie treats for the tower but had a nightmare and ended up covering a cardboard tube (I think from the inside of foil or clingfilm) and covering it in quite a thick layer of fondant.  Just let it dry in my garage as I usually do.

Help, I’M Making A Paw Patrol Lookout Tower Topper And I Have Fondant Questions

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Nov 2018 , 11:13pm
post #5 of 8

BeeAnn...what a nice creation :)    I'm not up on all these different kid things and had no idea what paw patrol was

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Nov 2018 , 3:03am
post #6 of 8

Fabulous cake, BeeAnn!  kakeladi, I only know Paw Patrol because I see the cakes my friends make!

BeeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeeAnn Posted 16 Nov 2018 , 11:42am
post #7 of 8

Thank you both of you!  I am only an amateur decorator - mainly making cakes for my daughter and a few friends.  People think I am joking when they ask how long it took me and I say about six weeks!  I have already started on this year's cake for a party on the 9th Dec!!

SandraSmiley Posted 16 Nov 2018 , 10:49pm
post #8 of 8

Hey, you are my kind of girl, BeeAnn!  That is how long it takes me to do detailed cakes!  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%