Cake Pick-Up

Baking By BakersGuy Updated 13 Nov 2018 , 9:34pm by kakeladi

BakersGuy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BakersGuy Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 10:40pm
post #1 of 7

Hello Fam! 

Quick question, I have a small two tier buttercream cake due on Saturday.  The client wants to pick the cake up on Friday evening/night.  The client is driving the cake about 45 minutes depending on traffic.  

My question is should the cake be cold or frozen when she come to pick it up Friday evening?  I know frozen might be pushing it but I was thinking for traveling purposes and since the event is not until the following day (Saturday) it would have enough time to come to room temperature.  

Thoughts??

Thanks fam!!!

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 10:43pm
post #2 of 7

I suggest freezing it as long as the filling and decorations can take fz'ing. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 10 Nov 2018 , 11:56pm
post #3 of 7

I agree with kakeladi and you are correct, it would have plenty of time to thaw.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Nov 2018 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 7

i have a different opinion -- i would not deliver a frozen cake -- i would do cold -- but she has to be told how to store it too

inthekitchen2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inthekitchen2 Posted 12 Nov 2018 , 5:30pm
post #5 of 7

All my cakes are room temp. I'd have no problem giving her a room temp cake. If the fillings are perishable, then refrigerate it. I don't understand  why it would need to be frozen? The cake will be just fine for the next day?

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 12 Nov 2018 , 7:33pm
post #6 of 7

The reason I always keep my cakes refrigerated and deliver in a cold box is that they are so much more stable and unlikely to bulge, droop or slide.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 13 Nov 2018 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 7

inthekitchen2 I understand your keeping cakes at room temp.  I did also for many years but then thanks to this site (and others like it) I found that most cakes would be much more stable if kept cold/fzn.   I guess it might depend of bit on what your weather was like........

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%