Custom Cake Pan

Decorating By owais99 Updated 16 Oct 2018 , 12:41am by kakeladi

owais99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
owais99 Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 10:03am
post #1 of 4

Hi All Experts.

I saw a video on youtube in which a guy created his own custom pan using cardboard and then wrapped it completely with aluminium foil. I have basically 2 questions

• is it safe to do it? he actually baked a cake but still curious, can we use cardboard (covered with foil) inside an oven?
  • Is there any better way to make our very own custom pans? cardboard are not reusable ones

3 replies
jmt1714 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jmt1714 Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 11:45am
post #2 of 4

You can buy disposable pans for cooking cakes, breads, etc. these are basically cardboard. 

it is far more practical and cost efficient to just carve the cake in the shape you need vs a custom Pan. But if you really wanted to do it you could contact a metal fabricating shop. 

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 15 Oct 2018 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 4

I agree with jmt1714, why not just carve your cake.  If you use a nice, sturdy recipe, it is easy and fun to do, and you can get more detail and a more realistic result.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Oct 2018 , 12:41am
post #4 of 4

I often used foil covred cardboard to divide flavors in a pan so why not make the whole shape you need?   I'm not a good carver so I'd probably make a shape than try to carve it out :)  Just make sure you use 2-4 layers of foil over the cardboard.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%