Wasc Cake

Baking By juljenki Updated 24 Sep 2018 , 3:13pm by juljenki

juljenki Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juljenki Posted 18 Sep 2018 , 4:45am
post #1 of 7

Has anyone doubled the wasc cake recipe? I’d like to do that rather then making each one separate. I’m baking in  a 10” 8 & 6” x3” deep pans.. I baked the8” cakes today and needed two recipes to fill both pans 1/2 full with some left over for 8 cupcakes. That brings up another ?the cupcakes looked beautiful but I couldn’t get them out of the liners without leaving a lot of the cake behind. Why do u think that happened?? Is the wasc recipe not meant to make cupcakes or could it be my liners??? Sorry for so many ?? But this is for the wedding I’ m doing. Thanks in advance  

6 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 23 Sep 2018 , 8:57pm
post #2 of 7

I'm just seeing this post now.  Sorry for the delay in replying.   I have not used 3" deep pans....I'm told the do need to be filled and baked differently than 2" deep pans.  As for the cuppies not comming out of the pan, did you prep the pan  (Greasse & flour) before putting in batter?  Also, one often needs to run a knife around the edge to loosen them before trying to remove them. 

As for doubling the recipe....most mixer bowls are not big enough for that, but that should be the only reason for not trying it. 

juljenki Posted 23 Sep 2018 , 9:07pm
post #3 of 7

Cupcakes were in cupcake liners and the wasc cake was used. The cupcake after baking stuck to the liners not all but quite a bit stuck?? Also I have a six quart mixer I think wil hold a Double  batch of batter just was wondering if mixing times might be different or any other adjustments might have to be made? 

jchuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jchuck Posted 23 Sep 2018 , 9:18pm
post #4 of 7

I can easily double the recipe, but I have a very large 10 quart mixer.  And I have 3” pans, which require more batter. I always make extra batter as batter can always be frozen. And nothing worse than running out of batter. As for cake sticking to the liner, doesn’t matter the type of cake. We’re the cupcakes still warm? As the cupcakes cool, they naturally pull away from the liner. Usually when cupcakes are completely cold, the liners come away nicely without cake sticking.

juljenki Posted 23 Sep 2018 , 9:21pm
post #5 of 7

Cupcakes were cooled so wondering if they might have needed a few more minutes baking time??? Do You think my six quart mixer will hold a double batch? Thanks so much.

SandraSmiley Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraSmiley Posted 24 Sep 2018 , 2:27am
post #6 of 7

Yes, your six quart mixer bowl should hold a double recipe.  I use a seven quart mixer when I do a double recipe, but I actually think it would (barely) fit in my five quart bowl.

juljenki Posted 24 Sep 2018 , 3:13pm
post #7 of 7

Thanks so much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%