Friday Night Cake Club For 7/13/18

Decorating By kstevens Updated 18 Jul 2018 , 2:02am by GIGGLEBOX2014

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 13 Jul 2018 , 10:58pm
post #1 of 15

Opening up another session of FNCC!  Everyone is welcome to share what they have been up to this week, post photos of their work, ask for help or provide help if you are able to.

It's Friday 13th.....any of you out there superstitious?  Maybe there will be a Friday 13th themed cake?  I have  co-worker whose birthday is today and he was born on a Friday 13th too.  He took the day off so I'll have a fun belated cake for him later in the month when we have our departmental lunch.  No cakes this week though and I have to say I am enjoying it being a no cake month thus far.  Hope you've all had a great week & look forward to seeing your creations!

Kelly

14 replies
B.E.Sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
B.E.Sweetcakes Posted 14 Jul 2018 , 7:00pm
post #2 of 15

I only had one cake for this weekend. It had some firsts for me: first time doing buttercream ruffles like this and the first time I made a baby topper. I’m pretty pleased with how it turned out. Friday Night Cake Club For 7/13/18

Crystal72384 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crystal72384 Posted 14 Jul 2018 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 15

I made this cake Friday for my son’s 8th birthday. His only request was blue velociraptor be on the cake. I was trying to make it look as though she was crawling out of the cake but I never could get the claws right I I just left them off. Friday Night Cake Club For 7/13/18Friday Night Cake Club For 7/13/18Friday Night Cake Club For 7/13/18

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 14 Jul 2018 , 7:45pm
post #4 of 15

Hi, no cake for me this week but I'm actualy baking for 2 cakes I have to do in the next two weeks.

@kstevens hope you enjoyed your cake free weekend

@B.E.Sweetcakes your cake is so lovely! The buttercream ruffles are so straight and identical. I'm impressed 'cause I definately can't pipe buttercream and make it look that good!

Laetia Posted 14 Jul 2018 , 7:49pm
post #5 of 15

@Crystal72384 what a beautiful cake! The wood box is realy nice and I love the blue top tier. How did you do the blak "marbeling" on it? 

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 14 Jul 2018 , 9:53pm
post #6 of 15

@B.E.Sweetcakes what a sweet cake and those ruffles are great. 

@Crystal72384 your cake is perfect. I am sure your son loved it. 

Kelly enjoy your cake free weekend.

i will post mine later on. I am working on a succulent cake for my mom’s 75 Birthday it was yesterday and the party is tomorrow. I am also working on a space themed cake for my niece’s birthday for tomorrow also. It is taking me awhile as I am watching my almost 9 month grandson. Not sure how I will get them done, but I am sure enjoying the time with him. 

If they turn out okay I will post them when I am done.

GIGGLEBOX2014 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 15 Jul 2018 , 3:25am
post #7 of 15

@B.E.Sweetcakes Your ruffles look so uniform! First time?! You are kidding me! What tip did you use?

And That is an amazing Jurrasic World cake!!! I'm sure your son was very proud of it!! Especially since his mom pulled it off!

Marian64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marian64 Posted 15 Jul 2018 , 4:14am
post #8 of 15

I would like to say to all of y’all that do cakes at home with babies or small children, that y’all are amazing. It has taken me all day to do these two cakes while entertaining my grandson.

Friday Night Cake Club For 7/13/18

Friday Night Cake Club For 7/13/18Friday Night Cake Club For 7/13/18

DormCat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DormCat Posted 15 Jul 2018 , 6:07am
post #9 of 15

Lovely cakes everyone.  No cakes for me so decided to try my hand at making macaroons which was not as time consuming as I thought they would be. Not too bad for my first batch just a bit sweet. These are almond with almond fillingFriday Night Cake Club For 7/13/18

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 15 Jul 2018 , 8:00am
post #10 of 15

Lovely work everyone! I especially love the Jurassic cake - that wooden box looks fab!

Two orders plus two wedding tastings for me this weekend. The two orders were very different - one roaring 20s theme and one little girl's fairy mushroom cake   :)

Laetia Posted 15 Jul 2018 , 11:47pm
post #11 of 15

@Marian64 You've made it, I especialy love the space cake!

@DormCat Those macaroons look yummy! 

@me_me1 your fairy mushroom cake is so lovely! I love the feather on your second cake, very pretty

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 16 Jul 2018 , 9:52pm
post #12 of 15

As usual the work presented here is super good :)  I especially enjoyed the mushroom and the baby cake.  That last one by me-me1 is  very well done

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 17 Jul 2018 , 9:38am
post #13 of 15

Great cakes everyone!  The Jurassic World cake is awesome!

My apologies for not checking back in sooner but it was a busy weekend and now today we are leaving for a week long vacation.  I'll be in Toronto watching the Blue Jays play on Friday night so won't be able to start up FNCC if someone else wants to take it over for the week.

Kelly

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 18 Jul 2018 , 1:58am
post #14 of 15

GIGGLEBOX2014 Posted 18 Jul 2018 , 2:02am
post #15 of 15

I’ve been working on bits and pieces of teobcakes I have due next weekend. Trying to stay ahead since I also work that weekend. I tried my hand at buttercream roses, and think they are well enough to use. I do think next time I will make my buttercream much stiffer. I seconds guessed myself and added milk anyway. Made it little softer than I was wanting. Lol. Also have a RKT topper that is drying out and a few fondant decorations that I’ve been working on. Maybe next weekend I can participate in FNCC. lol. 

Love everyone’s work this week!!

Love 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%