Customer Leads By Bark

Business By SweetNeddy Updated 9 Jun 2018 , 2:25am by SweetNeddy

SweetNeddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetNeddy Posted 31 May 2018 , 3:27pm
post #1 of 3

Hello All, 

I've worked with clients via Wedding Wire and Thumbtack, but lately I've gotten emails from a service called BARK. They seem to send inquiries on behalf of their clients, looking for a cake. A few details are given, then I'm invited to contact their client directly - all at no charge to me.

Has anyone had any dealings with Bark? Seems most similar to Thumbtack - but more direct.

Thank you.

Sweet Neddy

2 replies
TruCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TruCake Posted 9 Jun 2018 , 1:40am
post #2 of 3

BARK is at no charge to begin with.  After the 1st "lead" and I use that loosely they may send 1 more to you followed by an email inviting you to now pay for these  so called leads.  It is much like other wedding wire type programs.

I thought the same cause we do some large wedding shows, anyway it was a lead with no name, only an email.  My lead wanted my cheapest price...they wanted to pay $3 a slice.... LOL Hhahaha!  My second lead strictly wanted my bottom line price.  I would say after a week I was contacted by someone at BARK explaining the program and how I needed their service and leads that they only provided quality leads.   Well, I decided after listening to them we did not need to pay to have us emailing leads to people whom were looking for a deal!  To me it would be a waste of $$.  We have a very good business and this I think just would be more pain than business.  If we were brand new it may be OK for a while, getting your business started.

That is just my opinion and my experience with them.

SweetNeddy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetNeddy Posted 9 Jun 2018 , 2:25am
post #3 of 3

Thank you for the insight. I simply didn't have a good feeling about them - now even  less.  I'll stick to what works for me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%