Baby's Breath

Decorating By carrotcake1 Updated 12 Apr 2018 , 5:45pm by gscout73

carrotcake1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carrotcake1 Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 10

would anyone have any suggestions on how to make baby's breath flowers?  I am planning to use Royal icing - is this the correct choice?

9 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 5:35pm
post #2 of 10

I rolled the ends into a tight circle by taking all five at once and wrapping them around the nose of some tiny needle nose pliers -- I shaped the wires into a sprig --  and dipped the ends in melted white chocolate and then into the tiny dots of some kind -- I used chopped coconut and if you look around you can find the perfect stuff -- I can't remember all the different things i'd use -- I just bought jars of tiny white little balls -- I think there's a mini tapioca -- can't remember -- easy peasy

-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 5:42pm
post #3 of 10

no no wait -- it was not needle nose pliers -- it was bent  hemostats -- you just grab all five wires in the clamp -- and roll the wires around the tip -- open it up -- arrange into a sprig -- dip in choco -- then the round things -- set it into foam to dry -- might make two different times to that -- whatever

carrotcake1 Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 10

I was thinking everything could be edible but those are great ideas that I will definetly use! 

-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 6:19pm
post #5 of 10

yeah -- I have pondered on that long and hard -- it would work with not quite all the way cooked spaghetti dried then dipped or something -- rice noodles? idk

but if any of it broke you would want to cry -- so there's that too

it could work with fondant if a mold was made -- hmmm

but the stems are so fragile --- but are barely seen ---

it's a ponder worthy idea...

carrotcake1 Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 6:23pm
post #6 of 10

love, love, love the idea of noodles......I would never have thought of that!!

-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 6:51pm
post #7 of 10

yeah but everyone you break -- you break your heart

-K8memphis Posted 11 Apr 2018 , 6:54pm
post #8 of 10

see because in order to apply them you use the hemostats again -- and they need to be a bit rough and tumble so you can stick them in there -- unless you make them bigger than life size -- 

added step -- before you shape into a sprig -- you twirl them around with the florist tape -- tape that is cut in half

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 12 Apr 2018 , 5:43pm
post #9 of 10

I have the old Wilton gumpaste flower kit that has great instructions and is what I use. This tutorial follows that. in it you will see 2 ways to create the flower on the wire, I use the second, in which you gently fold in half then fold around the wire. It works and makes very cute flowers.  These are the babies breaths on the cake in my avatar.

http://kiddlesnbits.blogspot.co.uk/2011/03/fondant-babys-breath.html

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 12 Apr 2018 , 5:45pm
post #10 of 10

Fondant Flowers 2 on Cake Central

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%