Fake Blood And Cream Cheese Frosting

Decorating By Nedra2016 Updated 25 Oct 2017 , 9:02pm by Cakemum1

Nedra2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nedra2016 Posted 24 Oct 2017 , 10:16am
post #1 of 6

Hello everyone! 

I'm making a cake for Halloween and would like to make it look like this.

Fake Blood And Cream Cheese Frosting

This cake was made with with white fondant and this "fake blood" recipe:

• 1tbsp water
  • 2 tbsp corn starch
  • 1tsp red food coloring
  • 1 or 2 drops green food coloring
  • 1 tsp chocolate syrup or maple syrup

I would much rather use cream cheese frosting instead of fondant. Any ideas on if the fake blood will work on cream cheese frosting and if it would look as nice as it does on fondant? I'm worried it'll get completely absorbed by the frosting and not stay as red.

5 replies
youngj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngj Posted 24 Oct 2017 , 1:03pm
post #2 of 6

I made a Walking Dead cake last weekend with blood splatter all over it. I took red food coloring and put a little vodka in it ( or you could use water) and dipped my paint brush in the mixture and went to town splattering the cake. I got the food coloring mixture to a good consistency that it splattered well, just add a small amount of liquid at a time. I stood up a box up wright in my kitchen put the cake in the box and splattered it so I wouldn't have a mess to clean up.

I don't think you'll have a problem with it not absorbing. I iced my cake let it sit in the fridge for about an hour before doing the blood splatter

For the cream cheese frosting, I think it is hard to get a smooth ice with cream cheese, I suggest to my clients to do cream cheese filling in between layers then I finish with buttercream so I can get a nice smooth crisp finish.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 Oct 2017 , 1:20am
post #3 of 6

If you google "Earlene Moore" she has a great cr ch b'cream recipe that would work great for this.  Even if you prefer to use your own recipe I doubt you'd have any problems - espceially if you do as the other poster mentioned.

Nedra2016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nedra2016 Posted 25 Oct 2017 , 5:37am
post #4 of 6

Thank you both for your responses - I'll test it out and see how it looks! It's just for a small gathering of work colleagues so I'm not going to stress too much about it, I just want to make it look gory ;) 

I'll check out Earlene Moore's recipe!

Thanks!

kryptonite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kryptonite Posted 25 Oct 2017 , 12:10pm
post #5 of 6

I've used fake blood on Edna De la Cruz's cream cheese buttercream, and it worked beautifully!

Cakemum1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemum1 Posted 25 Oct 2017 , 9:02pm
post #6 of 6

It looks good! 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%