Please Help Me With This Cake

Decorating By bibbles6598 Updated 1 Sep 2017 , 8:53pm by kakeladi

bibbles6598 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bibbles6598 Posted 1 Sep 2017 , 8:57am
post #1 of 4

Please Help Me With This CakeAny Idea on how to do the design on the cake board? Are they each individual strips of fondant put together? Also, the topper....Don't know how they managed to hold it up. I am planning on getting two edible images (one of the man and one of the balloon) but not sure how to make it look like it looks in the picture.

3 replies
bibbles6598 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bibbles6598 Posted 1 Sep 2017 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 4

anybody?

youngj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
youngj Posted 1 Sep 2017 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 4

The board is covered in dr susses paper, or bought. I do not think that is fondant. 

The man is cardstock or cardboard and with enough support on the bottom, it can hold up by itself. There was a form on here last week about a topper and someones bf cutout and it held up fine. The "string" part of the balloon you could use a black straw, which is extra support

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Sep 2017 , 8:53pm
post #4 of 4

If you're going to use  edible images I suggest you put it on a *very* thin backing of fondant or gumpaste.   If you  can't find the paper suggested by joungj then you make 'snakes' of fondant and flatten them some when they are wrapped around/on top of  a thick cake board.   Mark the cake board before you start w/a pan the same size of the cake so you don't put fondant under the cake.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%