Foreign Language Messages

Lounge By Gerle Updated 15 Feb 2017 , 9:10pm by kakeladi

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 14 Feb 2017 , 11:50pm
post #1 of 5

What is going on again with all the strange characters for the forum titles on the right side of the gallery when first opening Cake Central up?  We seem to get them from time to time and I've noticed them a lot lately.  I'm always afraid to open up Cake Central because I don't know if they'll infect my computer or not.  I probably haven't described this correctly, but it does get annoying.

4 replies
Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 15 Feb 2017 , 4:11am
post #2 of 5

Hi Gerle,

Yes it is very annoying.  They are spammers registering on cakecentral and creating forum posts.  We are constantly trying to stay ahead of them and ban those user accounts and IP addresses. In fact I just updated our spam checking software this evening, so things should quiet down again soon. 

Gerle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gerle Posted 15 Feb 2017 , 4:15am
post #3 of 5

Thank you!  You always wonder if it's spammers and whether or not they can affect our personal computers, so I hesitate to get on cake central when they're there.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 15 Feb 2017 , 11:17am
post #4 of 5

and jackie, regarding another issue -- for several days now -- i get an error when i hit 'submit' to post a reply i just typed out -- some of them were error 503 if memory serves -- but i am usually able to arrow back and copy my unsubmitted answer then open a new cake central and post it -- i guess the original one times out or something?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Feb 2017 , 9:10pm
post #5 of 5

Like K8 who just had a long post go off into lala land :(   I got the message "woops it seems something went wrong".  It's so very annoying when one takes time to type a long reply then have it dissapear:( 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%