Baby Shower Help

Baking By A-CupOfTee Updated 18 Jan 2017 , 1:23pm by A-CupOfTee

A-CupOfTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
A-CupOfTee Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 7:26pm
post #1 of 5

Hello all,

I was asked to make a few things for my cousin's baby shower in about 2 weeks. I already knew I was making the cake but after talking to the coordinator, it looks like I'll be making the cake, 24 cupcakes, choc. covered rkt, choc. covered pretzel sticks as well as choc. covered oreos. I have no problem with making these things, actually I look forward to it! The thing is, the baby shower is way bigger than I expected, she said there will be 80-100 people. Now my question is, how many of the rkt's, pretzels, and cookies do I make?  80-100 of each just seems like over kill. I figured since she specifically requested 24 cupcakes, I would do a small cake of about 75-80 servings. PLEASE HELP!

4 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 7:49pm
post #2 of 5

I would definitely talk to your cousin. 80-100 of each may seem like overkill to you, but that just may be what she is expecting. I would get on the same page as soon as possible. I hope you are being paid well for all of this work! 

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 17 Jan 2017 , 11:10pm
post #3 of 5

?:..... how many of the rkt's, pretzels, and cookies do I make? ..........

As a general rule you can expect each guest to consume 1 piece of cake and one other piece of sweets.  Of course there will be some who don't eat any, some who take only 1 sweet or 3 pieces :)   You can't plan on everyone eating everything so I would about 50 to 75 each of the cookies, pretzels etc. 

We want pictures!  When you finish this huge order be sure to post pix for us to enjoy.

Siftandwisk2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Siftandwisk2 Posted 18 Jan 2017 , 1:10am
post #4 of 5

Consider the other food--if there's a meal, guests won't eat a lot of dessert. 

I would estimate 3 dessert servings per guest, including the cake.  That's a lot when there's also a meal.  But better to have some leftovers than guests staring at an empty dessert table.

Here's I would calculate quantity.

You have a total of 5 desserts. 

Estimate 3 dessert servings total per guest.

Since everyone gets cake, pull that out of the equation.

That leaves 4 other types of desserts; 2 dessert servings per guest

100 guests x 2 dessert servings = 200 total other dessert servings

Coordinator requested 24 cupcakes, so subtract that from 200 total 

200 dessert servings - 24 cupcakes = 176 total other dessert servings

So just divide 176 by 3 other desserts.

You cousin is very blessed to have as family and friend.  

A-CupOfTee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
A-CupOfTee Posted 18 Jan 2017 , 1:23pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you all so much! @Siftandwisk2 ‍ that is a great break down, it actually rounds off to what @kakeladie ‍ said (I am actually relieved to hear those numbers lol) @ypierce82 ‍ I have talked to my cousin and she said "I am so over this pregnancy and everything else I really don't care about anything, I'm just ready to have this baby" lol it's her first and she's exhausted but I am still going to contact the coordinator to make sure no one is expecting 80-100 of each item. Thank you all so much and yes I will definitely post pictures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%