Cakelady Recipes

Baking By jenn_foster22 Updated 7 Sep 2016 , 4:47pm by kakeladi

jenn_foster22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenn_foster22 Posted 6 Sep 2016 , 7:35pm
post #1 of 5

looking for a buttercream frosting recipes from a past member, who allowed Cake Central to share her recipes.  I've had this recipe for about 10 years and from a recent move I am unable to find it :( I know that it contains butter, shortening, heavy whipping cream, shifted powdered sugar, vanilla, and she used whole milk to thin. I just can't remember the amounts.  If anyone could please help that would be wonderful! It is dearly missed.

4 replies
MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 7 Sep 2016 , 11:17am
post #2 of 5

Sorry, I'm not aware of the specific recipe you are looking for, but your list of ingredients are similar to a standard buttercream recipe, so I suggest trying this:

• 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
  • 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar, approximately 1 lb.
  • 2 tablespoons heavy cream
  • milk, for thinning/adjusting

MGRO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MGRO Posted 7 Sep 2016 , 1:41pm
post #3 of 5

Don't know the specifics of her recipe, but I think the username is spelled kakeladi so that might help you find it easier.

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 7 Sep 2016 , 3:28pm
post #4 of 5

2 cups butter, 2 cups shortening, 2 lbs 10x sugar and 2 tablespoons of extract(whichever you like). 

Two of everything.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 7 Sep 2016 , 4:47pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks for pointing out the *2 of everything* recipe but it does not use any cream/liquid of any kind.  That;s why I didn't mention the recipe when I 1st saw this post    http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/22469/2-icing

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%