Can It Ever Be The Same?

Lounge By Webake2gether Updated 13 Dec 2016 , 12:47am by gscout73

gscout73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gscout73 Posted 5 Aug 2016 , 5:37am
post #91 of 101

Quote by @Heath on 51 minutes ago

I was finally able to replicate an error with the Alerts check boxes you have been talking about. So hopefully we can track it down.

YAY!

BrandisBaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BrandisBaked Posted 5 Aug 2016 , 3:01pm
post #92 of 101

I would like to add that this ONLY works on my Android phone.  I haven't figured out a way to check more than one box at a time on my home computer which is running Windows 10 and my browser is Microsoft Edge (I guess). 

Quote by @BrandisBaked on 1 day ago

I use my phone (android) and have to press and hold the blue "mark as read" box until I get a pop up that says "select".  I press that, and then I check the box and press and hold the blue button again.  Took me forever to figure that out.

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 6 Aug 2016 , 3:03am
post #93 of 101

I'm running Chrome and can't even get those boxes to show up to check...

gscout73 Posted 6 Aug 2016 , 5:52am
post #94 of 101

Quote by @BrandisBaked on 10 hours ago

I would like to add that this ONLY works on my Android phone.  I haven't figured out a way to check more than one box at a time on my home computer which is running Windows 10 and my browser is Microsoft Edge (I guess). 

Quote by @BrandisBaked on 1 day ago

I use my phone (android) and have to press and hold the blue "mark as read" box until I get a pop up that says "select".  I press that, and then I check the box and press and hold the blue button again.  Took me forever to figure that out.

Interestingly, I did try on my andoid tablet and I'm having the same experience as BrandisBaked. Wont work on my laptop, buit did work on my tablet. Could there be an issue with an interface between mobil and non-mobil platforms?

Noobz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noobz Posted 11 Dec 2016 , 7:55am
post #95 of 101

I've been a member since 2011 when I first decided to start a cake business, mostly a major lurker and I remember how active the forum used to be.

Back then SCP1127 (or something like that) used to tell everyone else how stupid they were, everyone argued with JasonKraft over definitions of stuff and then FromScratch was a terrible mod who kept banning me in spite. People used rollers to smooth their buttercream and creamers to flavour them (sure they still do!). Everyone was going mental about that puffy quilting method thing, where they're all scrunched up and put on individually. Now those were the good old days

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2016 , 4:58pm
post #96 of 101

noobz -- seriously -- some of the people on this thread have no idea what the good old days really were like!

it is so pleasant now compared to the times you referenced -- although i would prefer it a little livelier but if it needs to be this tranquil to be this sweet so be it -- 

Noobz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Noobz Posted 11 Dec 2016 , 8:23pm
post #97 of 101

I remember you fondly K8! I actually wrote more but it was cut from my post for some weird reason.

----

I'm glad to see some of the old names still posting and there's just so much knowledge and experience on this site it's unreal. It's definitely an invaluable resourse and helped me massively with real world information. I'm a full time professional wedding cake maker in the 'high end' market now and it wouldn't have happened without everything I took from CC.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 11 Dec 2016 , 10:44pm
post #98 of 101

oh you're so sweeet! pretty cool to be remembered fondly -- thank you so much -- and wow am i thrilled for your success -- spectacular, noobz -- isn't it the best profession? god knows i loved doing wedding cakes -- 

wow i hope jackie and leanne and heath read your lovely post -- what a tremendous testimony of the continuing invaluableness* of cc -- that's gotta feel real good for them to know -- plus i mean of course it's an amazing wonderful wonder filled place --

great to 'see' you again, noobz, wedding cake maker supreme -- i'm retired from caking now but i try & dabble here and there --

best of the best and more to you, my friend

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 12 Dec 2016 , 7:09am
post #99 of 101

I think I was also more of a lurker back in those days but I do remember some truly awful threads. Some people seemed to think that the most innocent of comments was a terrible, personal insult that needed avenging!

It is a much nicer place now. I wonder where all those old posters ended up??

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Dec 2016 , 9:50pm
post #100 of 101

.........Quote by @Noobz on 1 day ago in reference to:  The 'old days" :

SCP1127 (or something like that) used to tell everyone else how stupid they were, everyone argued with JasonKraft & FromScratch .......... Now those were the good old days.........

Yes, I so often wonder what ever happened to some of those people. 

Back then SCP1127 (or something like that) used to tell everyone else how stupid they were, everyone argued with JasonKraft over definitions of stuff and then FromScratch
Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/831808/can-it-ever-be-the-same#S5VC84JL4tCWC7ov.99
Back then SCP1127 (or something like that) used to tell everyone else how stupid they were, everyone argued with JasonKraft over definitions of stuff and then FromScratch
Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/forum/t/831808/can-it-ever-be-the-same#S5VC84JL4tCWC7ov.99

gscout73 Posted 13 Dec 2016 , 12:47am
post #101 of 101

I remember how discussions and innocent input of differing ideas and opinions turned into 30-40page rants and insults. Dont miss that part, but I do miss some of the discussions and sharing before they turned ugly. I've been here since '07 and learned so much.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%