Lounge By moreCakePlz Updated 7 Jan 2017 , 8:15pm by Laetia

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 4:45pm
post #31 of 85

omg i thought 'q' then 'u' hahahahaha

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 5:08pm
post #32 of 85

I hope it's time for "S" - I've been waiting :)       

stru·del

ˈstro͞odl/
noun
  1. a confection of thin pastry rolled up around a fruit filling and baked.  http://www.germanfoodguide.com/strudel.cfm

Easy-Apple-Strudel-4-of-12.jpg

kakeladi Posted 29 Jun 2016 , 5:25pm
post #33 of 85

And here's another S:  Saxon Pie aka Hunklish [since I missed out on posting an H :)]

This is an interesting read on my family background including hunklish.  

http://zesterdaily.com/world/saxon-soup-recipes-of-sibiu-romania/

Though I have made this many times I don't have any pix of it.  It looks similar to clafoutis.

Nana52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nana52 Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 10:06am
post #34 of 85

Semifreddo (pronounced [ˌsemiˈfreddo]Italianhalf cold) is a class of semi-frozen desserts. The principal ingredients are usually eggs, sugar and cream. It has the texture of frozen mousse

Semifreddo dessert.jpg

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 5:10pm
post #35 of 85

Looooong time lurker, and once upon a time active member here... finally wanted to join the fun, and can't even upload my image stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes.png ugghhh..

carolinecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinecakes Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 6:12pm
post #36 of 85

@mattyeatscakes ‍ try posting the pic alone, then post the text separately. CC can be glitchy, at times.

Bakerlady2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakerlady2 Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 7:43pm
post #37 of 85

This thread is drivng me crazy ....I want to taste everyone of these desserts. For S,I choose Sachertorte an Austrian chocolate cake with apricot jam on top and Dark chocolate frosting.This thread is drivng me crazy ....I want to taste everyone of these desserts.  For S,I choose  Sachertorte  an Austrian  chocolate cake with apricot jam on top and dark chocolate frosting.

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 7:50pm
post #38 of 85

please don't say sachertorte --

stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye.png

Pastrybaglady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 7:54pm
post #39 of 85

Then just enjoy the view:

Receta de Tarta Sacher (Sachertorte), pasión por el chocolate - Mercado Calabajío:

mattyeatscakes Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 8:09pm
post #40 of 85

i have a T dessert from my country of origin!! kissing_heart.png

Turon (Tagalog pronunciation: [tuˈɾɔn]; Spanish: turrón de banana or turrón de plátano), also known as lumpiyang saging (Filipino for banana lumpia), is a Philippine snack made of thinly sliced bananas (preferably saba or Cardaba bananas) and a slice of jackfruit, dusted with brown sugar, rolled in a spring roll wrapper and fried. Other fillings can also be used, including sweet potato, mango, cheddar cheese and coconut.

mattyeatscakes Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 8:11pm
post #41 of 85

Still won't let me upload the photo :( and yes, i am uploading the image from my personal computer and not from my mobile device. 

ooohh... i am drooling just looking at these desserts!!!!! stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes.png

kakeladi Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 9:24pm
post #42 of 85

Actually as I look at the pic I choose to post for Strudel it doesn't look like what I knew as strudel.  The  pictured one looks like any type of bready-ey dough w/fruit filling.  What I was raised on was more like crispy *VERY THIN* layers & layers of phylo type dough w/a light layer of fruit.  

Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 9:32pm
post #43 of 85

Oooooh, @mattyeatscakes ‍ Turon is so good! I've only had the banana ones.

Pastrybaglady Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 10:20pm
post #44 of 85

U is for Upside Down Cake. Do I get extra points because I actually just made this one? It's Mango Orange.

[postimage id="4469" thumb="900"]

-K8memphis Posted 30 Jun 2016 , 11:55pm
post #45 of 85

speaking of crispy thin strudel -- I have a picture of strudel dough so thin you can read the paper through it -- I tried to just post the one photo but i'm on my tablet and it's got a mind of its own -- here's the whole little strudel story -- scroll down about a dozen quick pictures

http://k8memphis.blogspot.com/2013/11/pre-diet-days-pictures-of-strudel-being.html

kstevens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kstevens Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 1:05am
post #46 of 85

@Pastrybaglady ‍ that looks delicious!  I've never had that combo but it sure sounds good!  I think you deserve bonus points :-) 

kakeladi Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 5:27am
post #47 of 85

Hey pastry:  You will get a million points if you send one to me!  Like others, I've not had a mango one but it sure does sound delish!

Pastrybaglady Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 6:20am
post #48 of 85

@kakeladi ‍ It was good but not mango enough! I think I need to slice the mangos thicker and it needs some acid in the syrup, but it was very nice. I got inspiration from a recipe on Pinterest. I used my own cake recipe added orange juice and zest and of course the mango on top.

Nana52 Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 9:51am
post #49 of 85

vol-au-vent (pronounced [vɔlovɑ̃], French for "windblown", to describe its lightness) is a small hollow case of puff pastryVols-au-vent are typically made by cutting two circles in rolled out puff pastry, cutting a hole in one of them, then stacking the ring-shaped piece on top of the disc-shaped piece.[1] This pastry is usually found filled with savory ingredients, but can also have a sweet filling.  I've made these filled with Creamed Chicken and Creamed Peas, but I'll bet would be really good with a custard filling.  

Vol-au-vent-1.jpg

Nana52 Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 9:57am
post #50 of 85

kakeladi - Love your method of making strudel.  While on your blog I noticed your  'chapple' chutney.  I love chutneys and will make this one soon.  

Nana52 Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 10:01am
post #51 of 85

whoops - the strudel and chutney belong to k8memphis, not kakeladi ---  sorry k8. grin.png

Laetia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Laetia Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 10:11am
post #52 of 85

Quote by @-K8memphis on 9 hours ago

speaking of crispy thin strudel -- I have a picture of strudel dough so thin you can read the paper through it -- I tried to just post the one photo but i'm on my tablet and it's got a mind of its own -- here's the whole little strudel story -- scroll down about a dozen quick pictures

http://k8memphis.blogspot.com/2013/11/pre-diet-days-pictures-of-strudel-being.html

Wow k8! The thinness of that dough is impressive. 

Now for the dessert by W...  The only things I can think of are not really on the exotic side!

l'll go for whoopie pie

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 11:49am
post #53 of 85

thanks, nana and laetia --

and many droolicious thanks to pastrybaglady for the (sachertorte) visual and the lovely mangogo (sic) dessert

and to bakerlady2 for saying that lovely chocolate dessert that shall remain nameless --

all these desserts are refreshing and educational 

great thread, morecakeplz

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 11:51am
post #54 of 85

thanks, nana and laetia --

and many droolicious thanks to pastrybaglady for the (sachertorte) visual and the lovely mangogo (sic) dessert

and to bakerlady2 for saying that lovely chocolate dessert that shall remain nameless --

all these desserts are refreshing and educational 

great thread, morecakeplz

kakeladi Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 2:38pm
post #55 of 85

Nana52  I wish I had found that site.  It's exactly as I remember as a small child when my family made strudel.  My  goodness, that was some 70 yrs ago and I can remember it as if it were yesterday!!  Thanks to all for the trip down memory lane :)

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 4:25pm
post #56 of 85

kakeladi -- that was me making the strudel

-K8memphis Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 9:00pm
post #57 of 85

so are we on 'w'? i'm not gonna forge ahead this time -- i need help with the alphabet hahahaheheheheh -- i gotta 'z' but we're not there yet, 'y' is easy, i have an 'x' too but pretty sure we're on 'w'?

carolinecakes Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 9:22pm
post #58 of 85

Who knew you could roll dough so thin, that's amazing.......K8

Pastry....mango is my favorite fruit in the world so here's a zillion points for you...

ahhh.... I think someone did whoopie pie???

Are we still on "W"?

carolinecakes Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 11:03pm
post #59 of 85

Okay its hot and sticky where I am so these will hit the spot........Watermelon and Peach Spritzer.....ahh!!

After all these yummy desserts, I need something to wash it down. blush.png

Watermelon Peach Spritzer

Pastrybaglady Posted 1 Jul 2016 , 11:13pm
post #60 of 85

Oh, that looks so good! Do you think it would be good with watermelon and mango? My husband's friend gave us a flat of mangos.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%