Original Wasc Orange Flavored

Baking By veghed Updated 12 Apr 2016 , 4:37pm by kakeladi

veghed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veghed Posted 12 Apr 2016 , 2:30am
post #1 of 4

I was reading the comments for kakeladi's Original WASC recipe.  One person wrote:

"Ok so I just got the cake into the freezer. I made an orange version of this recipe. Instead of water I used orange juice and added 1/2 pack of jello. That's the only thing I did differently. It turned out soooo good! It is very moist and delicious.Yes, w/o the oil it is great. I can't wait to use this recipe again."

Read more at http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/7445/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe#8YvzbAzBi7RoH8U1.99Has anyone ever done this or something similar?  Just dry jello?

3 replies
ypierce82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ypierce82 Posted 12 Apr 2016 , 4:33am
post #2 of 4

Yes, just dry Jello. I use Strawberry Jello in my Strawberry cake, and it really amps up the flavor.

veghed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veghed Posted 12 Apr 2016 , 1:45pm
post #3 of 4

What kind of cake do you start out with?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 12 Apr 2016 , 4:37pm
post #4 of 4

Start with white, yellow or fr. vanilla.  OR..... if you can find a creamsicle flavored mix - even if it's just a 'cupcake mix'. They are smaller but  OOOOHHHH the wonderful taste!   It would be worth buying just to mix with a regular one, then you wouldn't even need to add the jello:)   I mixed mine w/choco brownie mix and those were the BEST brownies ever!   My local 99 cent store had both flavors.  

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%