Need Help With Candy Mold

Decorating By smile22 Updated 21 Feb 2016 , 3:48am by kakeladi

smile22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smile22 Posted 20 Feb 2016 , 12:01am
post #1 of 3

So I am making crosses for Easter for the Sunday school Students at my church I found this mold https://www.confectioneryhouse.com/small-cross-with-base-candy-mold

it says it's a small cross and weighs 1 ounce before I purchase it I want to make sure it's not something that is two bites and your done kind of thing the order is for 30 crosses if it's one ounce for the mold how much lbs of candy would I need for 30 pops 

also the mold has some kind of design on it and I can't really tell what it. The cross can have a design as long as Jesus is not on it as in the Armenian Orthodox Church we don't have Jesus on our crosses 

2 replies
craftybanana2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana2 Posted 20 Feb 2016 , 2:33am
post #2 of 3

Since it doesn't say what each individual cross is, better off to contact them about it. The measurements they give are 3 3/4" X 2 1/4" wide but it doesn't say if that is for each cross or the whole thing. And the 1oz is probably the weight of the mold as a whole, not how much each cavity holds. The picture looks like it's supposed to be flowers. Check out Amazon or or your local craft store, Easter stuff has already started being put out down here and you may find something locally.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 21 Feb 2016 , 3:48am
post #3 of 3

I used that mold (or one very, very simular) and the dementions given are for each cross.  The design is of tiny roses w/leaves.  If you want it colored you use colored melted choco and a tiny paint brush to fill in the depression parts, allow to dry (usually takes only a few minutes in the frig, then fill w/the color of melted choco you want the cross to be. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%