Chocolate Wasc?

Baking By Misstiffanyjoy Updated 4 Sep 2015 , 11:20pm by Brookebakescake

Misstiffanyjoy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Misstiffanyjoy Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 9:39pm
post #1 of 3

So, after trial and error of trying dozens of recipes, I find im still missing the perfect chocolate wedding cake recipe. They are either too dry, or not rich enough, or are WAY too rich/dense, almost like a brownie. The WASC recipe is definitely my favorite vanilla recipe. Always SUPER moist, the perfect density, I've never had an issue with it. Can you manipulate the WASC recipe and use chocolate cake mixes and a mix of cocoa and flour to get a good chocolate cake? Or does anyone have a great recipe? Ideally for stacking/large cakes. Thank you!

2 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 10:20pm
post #2 of 3

Definitely!  If you read the whole post  ( http://www.cakecentral.com/recipe/55801/the-original-wasc-cake-recipe)  you would see that I said *ANY!* flavor cake mix can be used.  I always used the dark choco mix.  If you can't find it or want to beef up a milk choco one then sub up to 1/2 cup cocoa for part of the flour used.  Do read ALL of the post, including the comments as many hints and tips are in there as answer to ?s people have asked.  One thing I found when making choco cakes is that you need to sift the flour or you get little white spots in the finished cake (at least I did) :(

Brookebakescake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Brookebakescake Posted 4 Sep 2015 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 3

I just recently used that exact recipe to make Wasc and the chocolate version. Both were great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%