Cake Size Help

Decorating By Danely81 Updated 31 May 2015 , 3:42am by Danely81

Danely81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Danely81 Posted 25 May 2015 , 12:24am
post #1 of 10

Hello! 

Im trying to determine cake pan sizes for a wedding cake. I like the sizes of the tiers in this cake , can someone help me determine the  pan sizes ? They don't seem to be the norm (2 inch apart) . 

Thank you! 

9 replies
Danely81 Posted 25 May 2015 , 12:25am
post #2 of 10
Danely81 Posted 25 May 2015 , 12:55am
post #3 of 10

Having trouble posting image ....

35 Spectacular Wedding Cakes from Talented The Cake Whisperer. To see more: http://www.modwedding.com/2014/01/24/35-spectacular-wedding-cakes/ #wedding #weddings #cakes

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 25 May 2015 , 3:11am
post #4 of 10

Pictures can be very deceiving :(  What is more important is how many servings you need.  Base the size of the tiers on that.    Also, if you look closely the top tier looks like it might a small heart. 

Magic Mouthfuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magic Mouthfuls Posted 25 May 2015 , 8:39am
post #5 of 10

They definitely look like going in 1" increments.  My best educated guess ...but I think from top to bottom it is 4" (only 3" high), 5" (at 4" high), 6" (at 4" high ), 7" (at 2" high) and 8" (at 4" high) on a 10" board.

I dont think the top tier is a heart shape, the light is just playing tricks..

Very pretty design!

Danely81 Posted 27 May 2015 , 12:59am
post #6 of 10

Hello 

I normally just do that.  I just like this look and truly I didn't want to make a huge bottom tier.   The bride wants a 4 tier cake and I am trying to figure out the best combo for 90 servings. 

Also , I think you are right on the heart top :)

Thank you :)

Danely

Danely81 Posted 27 May 2015 , 1:01am
post #7 of 10

Quote by @Magic Mouthfuls on 1 day ago

They definitely look like going in 1" increments.  My best educated guess ...but I think from top to bottom it is 4" (only 3" high), 5" (at 4" high), 6" (at 4" high ), 7" (at 2" high) and 8" (at 4" high) on a 10" board.

I dont think the top tier is a heart shape, the light is just playing tricks..

Very pretty design!

I think you are right about the 1 inch increments.   I have never tried to this look but I look forward to the opportunity to do so. 

Thank you and I totally agree!  I wish I could find the mold/cutter they used for the applique. 

Danely

Magic Mouthfuls Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Magic Mouthfuls Posted 27 May 2015 , 5:21am
post #8 of 10

The applique may be as simple as leaf cutters and a heart cutter, with some random 'strikes' with a dresden tool for texture.  Placing some tracing/baking paper over the photo whilst you assemble all the leaves & heart in place, will keep you on track.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 May 2015 , 10:48pm
post #9 of 10

Quote by @Magic Mouthfuls on 17 hours ago

The applique may be as simple as leaf cutters and a heart cutter, with some random 'strikes' with a dresden tool for texture.  Placing some tracing/baking paper over the photo whilst you assemble all the leaves & heart in place, will keep you on track.

I agree with this poster.

Danely81 Posted 31 May 2015 , 3:42am
post #10 of 10

Thank you ladies ! This is great advise. I think I will try this :)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%