Business Name On Photos

Business By SandraDee73 Updated 19 May 2015 , 2:39pm by SquirrellyCakes

SandraDee73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandraDee73 Posted 19 May 2015 , 12:44pm
post #1 of 2

I thought of this when I first started putting my photos on FB and my website, but my husband figured it wasn't really necessary. I'm all about sharing and I really don't mind people sharing my photos. But what does bother me is if someone shares my photo without giving credit to who made the cake. Anyone can simple save a photo from FB and share without putting where it's from.

So my question is, should I start putting my business name directly on the photos prior to posting them? And is there anything I can do for the photos I've posted so far without?

I'd like to know how you feel about this and what you do.

1 reply
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 19 May 2015 , 2:39pm
post #2 of 2

I have never posted cakes to the gallery here, just attached them to posts.

I don't know of a way short of deleting your photos that you didn't put your I.D. on but someone else might.

I have never put an identity on photos but it is really a good idea. There are sites pretending to have made other peoples cakes. Once your name is on the photo you have a legal right to the photo.

I will never understand why people cannot take the time to record the name of the decorator whose cake  picture they are saving.  I think we should save the name and give the decorator credit if we use the picture or make a duplicate cake.

I think most people want credit for their own work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%