Cupcake Wedding

Decorating By mariamom Updated 27 Jan 2007 , 1:01am by mariamom

mariamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariamom Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 12:49am
post #1 of 4

Hi All,
I feel like I haven't been here forever, new job, keeps me busy. Well, I have been making regular cupcake cakes for awhile now and charge $1 a cupcake. I was wondering for anyone who had done them, what do you usually charge for a cupcake wedding cake? I don't know if I could do them for $1 a piece. I am meeting with a bride early next week and wanted to get some ideas. Thanks everyone!

3 replies
JoAnnB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoAnnB Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 12:54am
post #2 of 4

Depends on the decorations. For plain frosted cupcakes $1 a piece may be OK. with fancy piping or decorations, filling or special flavors, $1.50 is a place to start. Keeping in mind papers, boxes and transporation is often more complicated than solid cake.

Birdlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Birdlady Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 1:00am
post #3 of 4

Hi

I have to agree. The way that I look at it, a wedding serving is $2.25-$3.00 a piece pretty much everywhere. A cupcake is bigger than a serving I would price accordingly as a wedding cake. If they want 150, then price just like you would a wedding cake. YOu have to take out of mind that they are cupcakes. To me, the cupcakes are more work than a weddng cake.

Good luck.

mariamom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariamom Posted 27 Jan 2007 , 1:01am
post #4 of 4

Thanks everyone so far, something to think about this weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%