Conflicted About Education

Business By cupcakewarrior Updated 17 Nov 2014 , 1:29am by MBalaska

cupcakewarrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakewarrior Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 7:25pm
post #1 of 6

I have always had a passion for baking and I have already attended culinary school. I am trying to decide if it would be a good idea to go to school for baking... is it worth it? would it be better to just get a job at a bakery and learn from there or go to school first?

5 replies
thecakewitch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakewitch Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 7:36pm
post #2 of 6

AIt depends on what your ultimate goal is and what you know now. Do you just want to learn about baking? Do you want to be a Pastry Chef? Do you want to have a cake business?

cupcakewarrior Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcakewarrior Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 7:39pm
post #3 of 6

I want to know everything there is to know about baking and pastry (: I want to be able to decorate cakes, cupcakes, and make amazing yummy treats with confidence, long term I dream of having my own bakery I am just not sure which path to take to get there.

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 6

one of the cool things about baking/decorating is you can do it in your kitchen all day long -- if you want the rounded out knowledge of all things pastry school -- get a text book from a pastry school curriculum and have at it -- grab your favorite cookbook or get your favorite recipe online -- nothing in your way -- one step at a time -- 

pastry school would be a blast i'm sure but it's optional

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 12:11am
post #5 of 6

Great advice K8 your own kitchen is the one place to play without anyone knowing the mistakes and having fun into the bargain.

Classes would be great too I just never had time to take any when the kids were small.

You go for it cupcakewarrior if its something you really want to do.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 17 Nov 2014 , 1:29am
post #6 of 6

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1453891277/?tag=cakecentral-20+buntin 

http://www.amazon.com/dp/1770401741/?tag=cakecentral-20+fix

why not get yourself started with a few of the cc pros books about the business@costumeczar & @MimiFix    just a thought as these are two very successful business women.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%