Lettering Help

Decorating By cakenewbelp Updated 16 Nov 2014 , 10:46am by cakebaby2

cakenewbelp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenewbelp Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:31am
post #1 of 7

AI'm doing this cake and she wants the happy birthday like the picture I can't figure it out if its a mould lettering or piped? Help me pleasssse [IMG]http://www.cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3305114/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

6 replies
cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:33am
post #2 of 7

I think you could do either

cakenewbelp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenewbelp Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:35am
post #3 of 7

AI usually just use my letter cutters but they don't look as thin or as fancy I don't know what to pipe it with royal icing? Guess ill have to practice a bunch cause I've never piped letters eeeekkk

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 15 Nov 2014 , 10:50am
post #4 of 7

AI had to pipe a phrase in Russian using the Cyrillic alphabet and I was terrified I would write something offensive! So I had the client send the text in a word document and I printed it out the size I needed it. Then I used a scribe (or pin would work) to prick through the text on to the covered board. Then it was simple to just overpipe the message. And apparently the Russian family thought that I was fluent in Russian because it was perfect!

Anyway, it's a low stress way to do this, just find a font you're happy with. Good luck!

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 5:08am
post #5 of 7

AI think that's made with Tappits.

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 6:50am
post #6 of 7

If you look at the third photo, it looks piped: http://blog.pinkcakebox.com/aryans-first-birthday-cake-2013-03-03.htm

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 16 Nov 2014 , 10:46am
post #7 of 7

Tappits and then piped with dots and stripes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%