Big Step

Decorating By Beatrice Rhoda Updated 8 Nov 2014 , 5:39pm by Bitzidee

Beatrice Rhoda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Beatrice Rhoda Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 6:06am
post #1 of 65

AOk ladies I..stepping.out.on faith and.opening up a little bakery shop. Just the stuff that the consumers in my area would want. Any suggestions on how to start and promote it? I have a lot of.support but always open to more suggestions

64 replies
Natka81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Natka81 Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 11:18am
post #2 of 65

Do you have a website or FB page?

Beatrice Rhoda Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 1:37pm
post #3 of 65

AYes fb and Instagram. Fb page is under Victoria Beckham Fabulous Cakes and Instagram is Rhoda beckham77

Natka81 Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 2:16pm
post #4 of 65

Will your shop name be named  " Victoria Beckham Fabulous Cakes?. 

Beatrice Rhoda Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 2:28pm
post #5 of 65

ANo its Victoria Beckham fabulous cake presents Kake Lady Gone Wild I'm known for both names

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 6 Nov 2014 , 2:46pm
post #6 of 65

Care to show a link?

Beatrice Rhoda Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 6:35am
post #7 of 65

ASure its victoria Beckham fabulous [email protected]

AAtKT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AAtKT Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 11:01am
post #8 of 65

All the googling that I did, I can't find a link to any of the above mentioned facebook pages or instagram feeds... now mind you, I do not have facebook or instagram... I just googled... didn't click on anything to investigate further...

It may help Beatrice, if you provided the link itself, not just the name you have your facebook page under...

Also, if you are opening an actual shop, having a regular website would be a good start... even if it is just a basic one... people like me who don't have facebook may not be able to find out about you otherwise...

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 12:38pm
post #9 of 65
OP- didn't see anything under these names that you've mentioned. where are you known for them?
Beatrice Rhoda Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 12:42pm
post #10 of 65

AThey are me. The main one is on fb under Victoria Beckham Fabulous Cakes. Its there because I check it.daily

Beatrice Rhoda Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 12:46pm
post #11 of 65

AI wonder y that is that no one could see me when I go.to.the site everyday. I don't know maybe I have to investigate it more because I'm on it daily posting.pictures and everything. I don't understand it

mcaulir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcaulir Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 12:47pm
post #12 of 65

I just copied and pasted Victoria Beckham Fabulous Cakes into FB and found nothing.

Am I feeding someone I shouldn't be, here?

Natka81 Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 12:50pm
post #13 of 65

@Beatrice Rhoda, go to your facebook  page copy and paste your page address to your profile on CC, that way when people click on your profile will have a direct link that they can click on and it will take them to your FB page.

cakefat Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 1:39pm
post #14 of 65
Sorry, we couldn't find any results for this search.
cakefat Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 1:39pm
post #15 of 65

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcaulir 

Am I feeding someone I shouldn't be, here?

more or less

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 1:53pm
post #16 of 65

i found it on fb when i tried Victoria Beckham Cakes then Victoria Beckham Fabolus Cakes came up

cakefat Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 2:25pm
post #17 of 65

Ok- I see it now! Thanks.

Dayti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dayti Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 2:34pm
post #18 of 65

Yes, it's all in the spelling. "Fabolus" should read Fabulous if you want people to find you easily. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Victoria-Beckham-Fabolus-Cakes/228306073928454?ref=br_tf

I have to say that I really don't think the quality of your work merits a storefront bakery at the moment. It would be terrible to go to the effort of opening and then have no customers walk in because of the look of your products. You would be better improving the quality of finished products first in my opinion, then make a business plan - which, amongst other things, will tell you that on faith alone one cannot open a business - and then set about opening a shop. 

Please don't be offended. As a shop owner myself I am very aware of what it takes to open, and stay open. But definitely perfecting top quality products should be top of your list to start with.

cupadeecakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupadeecakes Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 2:41pm
post #19 of 65

D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatrice Rhoda 

Ok ladies I..stepping.out.on faith and.opening up a little bakery shop. Just the stuff that the consumers in my area would want. Any suggestions on how to start and promote it? I have a lot of.support but always open to more suggestions

Do you have a business plan?  That's always a great place to start.

Beatrice Rhoda Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 2:55pm
post #20 of 65

AI also have an Instagram account as well let me check into that to so I could give y'all.the rite info. I don't undersand.

Beatrice Rhoda Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 2:58pm
post #21 of 65

AYes working on business plan

Beatrice Rhoda Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 3:11pm
post #22 of 65

AOK guys researched it. Sorry guys its under rhoda beckham on Feb u can see my work on there. But the link to that is Victoria Beckham fabulous cakes

Beatrice Rhoda Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 3:21pm
post #23 of 65

ASo is my Instagram is at rhodabeckham77 sorry guys. So check me out

Natka81 Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 3:24pm
post #24 of 65
IAmPamCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IAmPamCakes Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 3:58pm
post #25 of 65

ADo you already work in a bakery?

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 4:16pm
post #26 of 65

I'm very curious. Why did you choose the name Victoria Beckham? That name already has recognition, which might be counter-productive to a baking business. 

oftheeicing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oftheeicing Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 4:37pm
post #27 of 65

AI was able to view with a fb search without issue. I agree with Dayti about improving the quality of your product. Another thing that I see that will definitely be an issue is your pricing... "special" or not. A 10" round for $20? It costs me approximately $17 in just ingredients/boards/foil/box for a 10" round. Factor in electric/gas/water/food coloring/piping bags/dishsoap/paper towels, etc., and time.... you are literally paying your customers by making them a cake.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 4:59pm
post #28 of 65

Fabolus?

FioreCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FioreCakes Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 5:07pm
post #29 of 65

Considering all of her comments are just trying to get us to go to her pages and paste the links...I think she is just advertising, she hasn't responded to any other question. 

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 7 Nov 2014 , 8:22pm
post #30 of 65

What the heck?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%