Business Problems

Business By Renee6431 Updated 8 Oct 2014 , 2:30am by kakeladi

Renee6431 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Renee6431 Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 12:55am
post #1 of 2

AI am a few days away from opening my Bakery. The problem started 2 weeks ago when I called the company I bought my oven at and tried to schedule delivery. Come to find out, they sold my oven. The location was wired for that oven. I figure it was a blessing, cause it was a small used oven. I bought a new oven with the same phase, Hz, 208... The only thing it was 4 amps lather. This has cost me about 900. more in rewiring for this oven. Now the building dept is saying I need a vent a hood, even though it's a Electric oven. They claim it has to have 670 cf per min vented out, which will cause the furnace not to heat enough heat. But this is a bakery that has no sitting customers ( due to the building dept one again). This problem has a price tag of 11 grand. Has anyone had a similar problem? Need advice!

1 reply
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 8 Oct 2014 , 2:30am
post #2 of 2

Some 20-30 yrs ago I had a similar problem but just gave up on the location (hadn't actually done the electric work).  Didn't open another til some 5 yrs later :(

I also had a similar problem w/there wanting a *HUGE!* grease trap.  The one I got had been in service at a small restaurant that closed down just 2 days before the inspector came to my place.  I eventually called my  city councilman, who put me in touch w/a retired(?) old inspector who approved it - knowing where it had come from.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%