Most Awesome Cooking Ad I've Ever Seen!

Lounge By craftybanana Updated 12 Jun 2014 , 9:03pm by winniemog

craftybanana Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftybanana Posted 12 Apr 2014 , 10:26pm
post #1 of 18

My husband just showed me this today:

And no I'm not endorsing them, I just thought it was too awesome not to share. It's apparently for some kitchen brand called Lurpak (?). Anyways, Enjoy!

17 replies
-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 12 Apr 2014 , 10:47pm
post #2 of 18

omg--i gotta have one--whatever a lurpak is  :grin:

i mean if they can make a commercial like that why didn't they work on the name a little and why don't i know what it is they are selling-- i don't care though i just want one--

i think i need to watch that when i get up in the morning too *:-)/\:-) high five

craftybanana Posted 12 Apr 2014 , 11:57pm
post #3 of 18

"Lurpak" sounds like something from Dr. Seuss :D

Cakespirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakespirations Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 12:00am
post #4 of 18

ok... That is the Greatest Commercial I have ever freaking seen!!! But wth is Lurpak... I must google.....

it is butter...

I must buy some ... right now.

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 1:04am
post #5 of 18

Lurpak is a brand of butter owned by the Danish Dairy Board. It is 81.5% butterfat, and extremely popular in Australia.

The Lurpak name comes from the twin musical instruments from the Bronze Age - the Lurs - that are in their company logo ..

More advertising campaigns -

http://www.lurpak.com/dk/our-advertising/

-K8memphis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
-K8memphis Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 1:22am
post #6 of 18

of course, stereo butter,  who would not want that in their life

rebecca67e Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rebecca67e Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 4:27am
post #7 of 18

Lurpak is the most popular butter sold in the UK, also.

well, I assume so... don't have the stats :razz:

cool ad

howsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
howsweet Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 6:58am
post #8 of 18

I guess there's no telling where your butter is going to come from. I'm in the US, but buy a brand called Kerry Gold from Ireland. Never heard of Lurpak!

cazza1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cazza1 Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 7:14am
post #9 of 18

Lurpak is delicious. It is the gold standard in butter where I live but very expensive.

craftybanana Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 3:27pm
post #10 of 18

Wow, so that commercial was just for butter? It'd better be expensive to fund commercials like that! :-D  And thanks to you non-US people for clarifying what Lurpak was! Makes me want to go visit the UK just to see if that butter is as awesome tasting as it looks! Though if it is, I'd be afraid I'd gain more weight than I have so far during my pregnancy, lololol :lol:

auzzi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auzzi Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 11:32pm
post #11 of 18

Currently Lurpak sells for $5.48 for 8 oz [2 sticks] ..

natt12321 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
natt12321 Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 11:42pm
post #12 of 18

I think all of Lurpaks advertising has a lot of money behind it

it's a fairly standardly prices butter in the UK though, not the cheapest, not the most expensive, like £1.70 for 250g

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 13 Apr 2014 , 11:44pm
post #13 of 18

AI have been wanting to try it ever since I sold my milk cow and haven't been able to make my own delicious homemade. I've heard raves about it and believe it is available at Trader Joe's.

gemmal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemmal Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 3:27pm
post #14 of 18

Yeah, Lurpak is big in the UK, it's kind of a premium brand, really nice, quite pale coloured (i think that means less dye in it as well), its lovely stuff. They had this advert on recently with all this brightly coloured veg to do with their low fat spread. Same sort of style with that Tom Wait's sounding (to me anyway) guy in the back ground singing about cooking up a rainbow todaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.... "chop chop chop chop chippingggggg.... " great, stuck in my head again now... ;)

gemmal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gemmal Posted 14 Apr 2014 , 3:28pm
post #15 of 18

Chop, chop, chop, chop chopping..... there it is! Stuck in my head for another age! heehee

craftybanana Posted 18 Apr 2014 , 6:59pm
post #16 of 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by auzzi 

Lurpak is a brand of butter owned by the Danish Dairy Board. It is 81.5% butterfat, and extremely popular in Australia.

Is that more than say our boring store brands here in the USA? Say for example, Publix or Kroger brand butter? And would you use less of it in cookie recipes or the same amount?

cakebaby2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakebaby2 Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 8:29pm
post #17 of 18

Its gorgeous butter, milkmaid you'd love it. I have access to a milker and sometimes make butter with sea salt and cracked pepper. Could eat it to a band playing Dixie.

winniemog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
winniemog Posted 12 Jun 2014 , 9:03pm
post #18 of 18

AIt's slightly higher than cheaper butters (it's European) and it is also cultured which means it has a slight tang. It's great to counteract sweetness. You shouldn't need to adjust recipes for the extra little bit of butterfat - cheaper standard butters are about 80%. It's really delicious, especially the salted one on bread.....mmmmm

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%