Customer Not Responding

Business By CassidysCakesAn Updated 5 Nov 2013 , 10:21pm by ddaigle

CassidysCakesAn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CassidysCakesAn Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 7:44pm
post #1 of 6

ASo I have a lady that ordered 4 dozen cupcakes for this weekend. 1 dozen chocolate with whipped ganache for the frosting, 1 dozen white filled with strawberries and frosted with Italian meringue buttercream, 1 dozen strawberry with strawberry cream cheese frosting, and one dozen red velvet with cream cheese frosting, plus a decorated display cake. I told her it was going to be $110 and she agreed. I emailed her on Facebook a few times over a week ago and still haven't received a response. I asked on the spouse page (she is a spouse on the military base where I live) if anyone could get a hold of her for me or knew of another way to contact her. She responded on there saying she still wanted it, but still hasn't responded to my messages. I don't know whether to go through with it and risk wasting the time and money or to not make them and risk her actually wanting them. What would you do? (I am am a cottage baker and this is more of a hobby than a real business so it quite a lot of money for me if it goes to waste)

5 replies
liz at sugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liz at sugar Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 6

The easy way to solve this is to require payment in advance.

Liz

remnant3333 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
remnant3333 Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 8:51pm
post #3 of 6

Liz is right!!! If they do not pay you ahead of time then don't do it!!!!

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 9:54pm
post #4 of 6

At this point you don't have a customer, you have an inquiry. Send her one more message requiring payment in full by the end of the day or you'll assume that she doesn't want the cupcakes anymore. You don't need to be nasty about it, just let her know that you won't be doing the order (since she hasn't really placed an order if she hasn't paid for it.)

Hi, ______,

Since I haven't heard from you with the payment for the cupcakes we talked about, I'm assuming that you don't need them. If you do want to place the order please get the payment to me by the end of the day so that I can reserve the time for you. If I don't receive the payment by this evening I won't be able to do the cupcakes, so please let me know if you do want them.

Thanks, ________

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 10:10pm
post #5 of 6

Yah what she ^^^ said.

ddaigle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ddaigle Posted 5 Nov 2013 , 10:21pm
post #6 of 6

P.S....."cottage baker" IS a "real business".....get a payment plan that you want and then tell customers at time of ordering when full payment is due. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%