Need Ideas For This Complicated Design

Decorating By PastryChefAnnie Updated 19 Jun 2013 , 3:16am by PastryChefAnnie

PastryChefAnnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PastryChefAnnie Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 3:35am
post #1 of 6

AI have a client that wants a purple zebra, quarter sheet cake with a 6-inch round on top that is pink leapord. She wants Happy Birthday on it also. I wasn't planning on doing it with fondant. (She's not paying for fondant). I have racked my brain but just can't figure out how to do this. Is this even possible?

5 replies
Tasha1980 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tasha1980 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 4:11am
post #2 of 6

Do you have an airbrush machine? that may help but if you google buttercream zebra print cakes you can get an idea as to what others have done. here's a couple I found... remember these are just for ideas you can do it any way you like icon_biggrin.gif

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/1986465/buttercream-and-fondant-cake-for-13-year-old/

Would the cost cover a little fondant, here's a cake on CC that use both buttercream and fondant

http://cakecentral.com/g/i/1986465/buttercream-and-fondant-cake-for-13-year-old/

BayBeecakes7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BayBeecakes7 Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 4:18am
post #3 of 6

It Sure is! :) iv done both zebra and leapord print in BC icing! see the pics!

kearniesue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kearniesue Posted 18 Jun 2013 , 6:15pm
post #4 of 6

You could do it basically the same as the camo tutoial on the home page right now.

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 2:27am
post #5 of 6

Of course it's possible...and quite easy. icon_smile.gif

Simply do your zebra stripes in black fondant on purple BC (or whatever the color scheme is) and hand paint the leopard print on crusted BC for the 6" round.  I am not a fan of zebra stripes done in BC because they do not look as clean and sharp as zebra stripes cut out of fondant, and you shouldn't feel the need to charge her extra for using a plum-size ball of black fondant (if that) on the quarter-sheet for the zebra print.  I do zebra print quarter-sheets with mind-numbing frequency.

PastryChefAnnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PastryChefAnnie Posted 19 Jun 2013 , 3:16am
post #6 of 6

AThank you all so much for your help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%