Transferring Flowers

Decorating By cookiemamma1221 Updated 14 Jun 2013 , 8:48pm by kakeladi

cookiemamma1221 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cookiemamma1221 Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 5:02am
post #1 of 4

Hi,

I'm going to try air drying drop flowers...my question is how to you get them to stick to the cake after you air-dry them? Do you use frosting? I need to apply them to the sides of my cake.

I also need to make a fondant bow (a huge one)for the same cake...anyone have any tips/techniques I can use. I'm so nervous since I'm making this for my niece's birthday (big celebration)!

Can I make it in advance?

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 7:05am
post #2 of 4

AYou have to make the big bow in advance. A couple of weeks in advance is fine. And yes you attach the drop flowed witb a dot of bc.

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 2:31pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiemamma1221 
I'm going to try air drying drop flowers...my question is how to you get them to stick to the cake after you air-dry them?

Drop flowers are normally made w/royal icing... are you piping w/BC?

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 14 Jun 2013 , 8:48pm
post #4 of 4

I have posted a BC air-drying icing recipe.  It uses little fat so it dries hard enough to handle flowers but is still somewhat fragile.

I always piped my BC drop/swirl flowers on plastic wrap and allowed them to dry overnight/24 hrs.  When they are dry they will litterly fall off the plastic wrap when it is picked up.  If they do stick, just give them a slight flick of the finger.  If they don't come off they are not dry enough.  To ap[ply them to the cake, just a tiny dot of fresh b'cream icing will hold them in place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%