Would It Be Weird If I Suggested This?

Decorating By tsal Updated 28 Mar 2013 , 10:33pm by kakeladi

Sassyzan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassyzan Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 11:28pm
post #61 of 73

AWhoa. That cake is gorgeous! I love the colors, the flowers, the borders, the surfboard-y backgrounds for the letters! It's very sweet. I'm sorry it gave you trouble!

letsgetcaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letsgetcaking Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 11:29pm
post #62 of 73

It's beautiful! I would be thrilled if someone made that for me!

kikiandkyle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kikiandkyle Posted 24 Mar 2013 , 11:48pm
post #63 of 73

The cake looks amazing and if they don't appreciate that then they should be ashamed of themselves!

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 12:14am
post #64 of 73

That's so wrong - on all counts.  The receiver should have given you an "out" when she dropped that bomb on you.  Definitely do a cake you'd be comfortable with then add cupcakes or a couple sheet cakes or just call her back and say that you are not a professional and wouldn't be able to do a cake that size then ask if she would mind getting a sheet cake from the grocery store for the rest.  If she balks at this ................then once again state that you had no idea there would be that many in attendance.  For all you know she may have doubled the estimated guest count so that everyone could have two pieces of cake or bring some home .............because, what the heck...............it's free!!!!!!!!!!!!

cakefat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefat Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 12:25am
post #65 of 73

Your cake is very adorable and looks great. I love the colors- it really 'pops' and I like the surfing/hawaii theme.

I can't wait to hear what they said. They should be gushing 'thank you's to you!

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 1:58am
post #66 of 73

Just got a text from the dad-to-be:

Ur cake was amazing!!!!  Thank you so much!!!

I'm just happy to put this whole experience behind me...

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 1:58am
post #67 of 73

Thanks so much everyone for your kind words!!  My hat is off to those who do this for a living - it's not an easy road to follow!

Babbo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Babbo Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 1:43pm
post #68 of 73

oh wow poor you!!!

If i was you i would do the cake that you said just the two tier one, and either do a sheet cake or cupcakes. I think its quite rude of the lady to not offer any other dessert and then say its for 100 people, do what your budget/ your comfortable with at the end of the day it is just a kind gift!!

DaisyP32 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DaisyP32 Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 7:10pm
post #69 of 73

You're cake turned out very cute!   I love the bright colors!  That's not a cake to be dissapointed about. thumbs_up.gif

Did you end up making cupcakes also?

arlenej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arlenej Posted 25 Mar 2013 , 11:26pm
post #70 of 73

When 100 people are invited to a baby shower does that mean there'll be no need for the parents to buy baby products until the child is 6 months old? That's really a HUGE amount and I'm wondering why. But! If they invited that many then they should be expecting to spend SOMETHING on feeding their guests.They CAN'T just feed them cake! So! Let them know the size cake you can give/afford and let them determine what else they will provide their guests.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 26 Mar 2013 , 3:07am
post #71 of 73

Adorable  cake.  Sorry you had to go through so much stress.

mizlila Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizlila Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 9:51pm
post #72 of 73

That cake is super cute!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 28 Mar 2013 , 10:33pm
post #73 of 73

I'm just seeing this thread.  I must say you did a *fantistic!* job on it.  Hold your head high and smile.  I hope the reciever was tickled pink.  If they weren't it's NOT your fault!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%