For Those That Use The "rose Factor" When Sizing Recipes

Baking By pmarks0 Updated 21 Feb 2013 , 6:27am by buttercake

pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 20 Feb 2013 , 1:38am
post #1 of 4

I have a family recipe for a chocolate cake that everyone in the family uses.  It bakes a standard 8" round two layer cake.  However, I need to make an 11x15 because I'm going to carve a violin for my brother.  I was reading The Cake Bible and the Rose factor info and she seems to refer to her own recipes in describing how to use it.  Has anyone used this method when determine how to multiple a recipe?  I'm not sure if i can just double it and have it back up okay in a pan with a larger area.

3 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 4:44am
post #2 of 4

Anyone?

wildflowercakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wildflowercakes Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 5:02am
post #3 of 4

Can't say I've heard of the Rose factor. It probably depends on the recipe anytime I want a 9x12 I use one and a half recipes. I would think you would be able to double your recipe for a 11x15.  how much does the cake raise in an 8" pan? Fill your 11x15 the same way 1/2 full 3/4 full etc. If you have batter left some where on this site instruction on how to freeze left overs and make cupcakes out of it when you have time. Just my thoughts

buttercake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercake Posted 21 Feb 2013 , 6:27am
post #4 of 4

AI am a member of her forum. I have never needed to try it. The other members can explain it to you. They are very informed and very helpful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%