Sheet Cake With More Than One Design Theme

Decorating By JPepper Updated 27 Aug 2012 , 8:51pm by JPepper

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 5

Hi there icon_biggrin.gif

I have a request to make an 11 x 15 sheet cake with three different design themes as they are celebrating three birthdays. How I am visualizing this is to divide the cake into thirds and design each section. My client wants one section to be a golf theme, one section to be something floral and the last section to be a Canadian flag. I am wondering if anyone has done anything like this before? And if so, do you have a picture you can post? Or does anyone have any suggestions on how I can accomplish what my customer wants without it looking horrible?

Thanks so much in advance icon_biggrin.gif

Jennifer

4 replies
ToTheMax Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ToTheMax Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 6:30pm
post #2 of 5

Hi, instead of trying to divide the cake try to incorporate the themes. Maybe a golf course hole, with floral designs around the green and put a Canadian flag in the hole instead of the traditional flag. Just a thought.
Best of luck to you, these are always hard ones. Love to see a picture when finished.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 6:46pm
post #3 of 5

I would divide the cake up into 5" sections, give each section its theme, and then put the names in each section. The toughest part would be getting the different colors of buttercream straight in the sections without touching each other. What I would do is make the whole thing a very light blue, then take each section and make hills/grass/fields out of fondant, and then build on that. So for the floral, maybe you could do a bunch of flowers in your "field," for golf, cut out a little golf course area, and for the Canadian flag, make a little scene with that. Then you can separate the scenes with a simple shell or bead border. I hope that makes sense.

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 5

An interesting way to divide the cake into sections would be to put a V in the center thereby giving you 3 sections.

JPepper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JPepper Posted 27 Aug 2012 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 5

GREAT suggestions!! You've all given me lots to think about.....My client needs the cake for Sept 15th so I have a little bit of time to test out a few of your suggestions and see what fits well. I will definitely post a picture once it's complete icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%