So Excited!!

Decorating By bunnykins Updated 24 Aug 2012 , 7:35pm by Apti

bunnykins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunnykins Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 10:12pm
post #1 of 20

Sorry this might be a bit of a pointless post but I wanted to share with people who would understand!! It's my son's first birthday party end of Sept and I get to finally make the cake I've been planning for him since the day he was born and I'm so freakin excited about it!!! I started some of the gumpaste work last night. I'm just so pleased to finally get to do a cake for my child, not someone else's birthday like usual but my very own boy!!!
All my non caking friends and family think I'm mad cos it's just cake right...er no it's the most important cake in the world, he'll only have one 1st birthday!!!!

Lol please tell me your all just as crazy as me over a cake!!?

19 replies
Jenise Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenise Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 20

I know the feeling! I was that way about making my grand children's birthday cakes!

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 23 Aug 2012 , 11:33pm
post #3 of 20

Absolutely understand! Have fun!

Motherlioness Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Motherlioness Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 12:02am
post #4 of 20

I am making my daughter's 3rd bday cake. I am not a pro or even close and only go crazy over hers! I am so excited about it though!

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 12:13am
post #5 of 20

Totally understand and share your happiness icon_smile.gif

kazita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kazita Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 12:30am
post #6 of 20

I got tired of paying high prices for my kids cakes and never getting what i had in my mind come out when someone else made it and i got tired of paying $$$ for those just soso cakes that i could of made myself so i took cake courses and never looked back its way more that " Just Cake"

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 12:41am
post #7 of 20

I think there are a majority of us that think the same way you do, maybe especially grandmas, that includes me. I think that since we have an art that we love to do and doing it for the kids or grandchildren, seeing their little faces light up is heaven. If they don't eat any of it it is still worth every minute and every ingredient to see that special smile and love on their face.

Goreti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Goreti Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 12:44am
post #8 of 20

Totally understand your feelings. My oldest daughter was 30 last week and decided to come from CA to MA to celebrate her birthday with us. As soon as I heard she was coming, I started working on gum paste flowers and planning her birthday cake. So yes, I can totally understand your excitement about making your son's first bday cake. I can't wait to see it.

Missy227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missy227 Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 1:14am
post #9 of 20

Its not just a cake. It's a gift from your heart for a very important little guy. As a mother of 4, I very much understand. I hope you post pictures of itI would love to see it.

paulstonia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
paulstonia Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 1:23am
post #10 of 20

Oh I totally understand. I started making cakes to make my oldest son's weding cake. My daughter is my middle child and I already see a cake and think I have to make that for her bridal shower or bachalorette party or wedding or baby shower, she isn't engaged or pregnant,lol.

Chineka Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chineka Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 2:00am
post #11 of 20

Congratulations. I can't wait to see a picture of the cake when the time comes.

SkisandBakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SkisandBakes Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 4:02am
post #12 of 20

I totally understand your excitement. I have always baked but got into the cake decorating thing for my son's first birthday. I started with a 3-d frog cakes and cupcakes for his 1st birthday, an Animal Mechanicals themed cake with fondant figures for his 2nd birthday and most recently did a carve Thomas the Train cake for his 3rd birthday. It is so much fun and so rewarding to see the look on his face with every creation. Enjoy celebrating your son's birthday

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 4:41am
post #13 of 20

HOW EXCITING!!!! I can't wait to see the picture! Be sure and post it on here.

Are you making him a separate smash cake? What is the design?

SarahBim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBim Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 6:06am
post #14 of 20

I totally understand that one! I have twin girls that are almost 6 months old and I have already been planning for 3 months! What makes it worse is that their 2nd birthday cake is already in the works. Haha! Have fun and enjoy like I know you will!

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 8:24am
post #15 of 20

I know your excitement - for i am making my sons Wedding Cake and smaller cakes in November...

Imagine my joy when he FINALLY asked his long time lady to marry him.
I burst into tears i was so happy - and thought to myself -
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....FINALLY. lollll

Bluehue

bunnykins Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bunnykins Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 2:18pm
post #16 of 20

aww it does mean so much more when we can make cakes for close family, I cant wait for grandkids and his wedding etc!! my husband jokes that I only had my son so I could get to do birthday cakes etc for him! icon_redface.gif

Its so nice to hear that I am not alone and not a crazy cake obsessed woman! My family will never understand why I want to go to so much effort for a 1st birthday so BAH to them!!!

I will definately post up pics when I am done to share. Its going to be a pirate themed cake with a little gumpaste version of my son in a pirate outfit sat on top. Well that is if the figurine survives that long, he managed to get hold of the finished head this morning and was starting to squeeze it before I dived in and snatched it away. Cue much crying from both of us lol

DancingCakes2008 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DancingCakes2008 Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 2:37pm
post #17 of 20

I COMPLETELY understand. I love making cakes for my grandkids and nieces and nephews. And no it is not JUST cake. My grandson remembers what his cake was from the year before but do you think he can remember the presents he got, nope. So it will be one thing he will remember as he gets older.

My kids will call in their order months in advance haha.

Kids are so cute.

grandmomof1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grandmomof1 Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 3:37pm
post #18 of 20

I share your joy. I took a cake decorating many, many years ago mainly to give my boys their cakes and I have. After making their birthday, wedding, and grooms cakes, I am now making cakes for my grandchildren. My granddaughter turns three in October and she she's been telling me what kind of cake she wants since May. She talks about it every time she sees me and tells me its her birthday when the leaves come down. She's too funny.

Enjoy it, because it's hard for them to remember who gave them what for gifts, but they will always remember the cakes.

Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 5:34pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmomof1

I share your joy. I took a cake decorating many, many years ago mainly to give my boys their cakes and I have. After making their birthday, wedding, and grooms cakes, I am now making cakes for my grandchildren. My granddaughter turns three in October and she she's been telling me what kind of cake she wants since May.

She talks about it every time she sees me and tells me its her birthday when the leaves come down. That would have to be one of the dearest things i have ever read on here..... how gorgeous a thing to say... from such a little tot....

Bluehue

She's too funny.

Enjoy it, because it's hard for them to remember who gave them what for gifts, but they will always remember the cakes.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 24 Aug 2012 , 7:35pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

I know your excitement - for i am making my sons Wedding Cake and smaller cakes in November...

Imagine my joy when he FINALLY asked his long time lady to marry him.
I burst into tears i was so happy - and thought to myself -
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....FINALLY. lollll

Bluehue

Can't wait to see THAT cake either!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%