Tea Cups ????

Decorating By liha21 Updated 21 Aug 2012 , 6:20am by WickedGoodies

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 1:14am
post #1 of 9

I need to make 12 tea cups and I cannot figure out how to do them. I can't use one of my cups as a mold because the handle is in the way. I see so many perfecf tea cups on here and can't for the life of me figure out how they did them. What do I use as a mold??
Please help me.

8 replies
Missy227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 1:50am
post #3 of 9
Quote:

This is the tutorial I used. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2325300/teacup-with-violets
I chose the option to use one piece of gum paste eased into the cup. Couple of hints: use a level (often), I used 320 sandpaper to smooth any rough spots (after completely dry) and make extra handles. I had breakage due to the design. I can't stress enough to be patient, take your time easing in the paste and don't mess with it until it is really dry (my biggest mistake).
A really nice tutorial and I encourage you to try it icon_smile.gif

Jeanne

Missy227 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Missy227 Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 2:11am
post #4 of 9

Jeanne, loved your teacup! Thanks for the great tips. I have not tried making a teacup yet, but I hope to soon.

liha21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
liha21 Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 2:20am
post #5 of 9

Thank you SO much!

BlueRose8302 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlueRose8302 Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 2:26am
post #6 of 9

I am so happy someone asked this....cuz my best friend has decided that her daughter's cake MUST have a teapot and teacup on it!

commisslike Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
commisslike Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 3:52am
post #7 of 9

I have not tried making a teacup yet, but I hope to soon.Image

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 5:54am
post #8 of 9

For the teacup, I turn my mini wonder pan upside down and use the bottom. I use gumpaste or a 50/50 mix of gumpaste and fondant. When they're dry, I even up and smooth the edges and then attach the handles. They hold a cupcake perfectly.

WickedGoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WickedGoodies Posted 21 Aug 2012 , 6:20am
post #9 of 9

I used gumpaste for these teacups and gum arabic to glaze them and glue the handles on. I formed them with my fingers plus sculpting tools - The ball tool was great for forming the concave openings. They were quite small, each no more than 1/2" in diameter. This was part of a gingerbread house that was Alice-in-Wonderland-themed.
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%