Fondant Comparison Taste And Workability

Decorating By moreCakePlz Updated 5 Jul 2012 , 5:50am by FromScratchSF

moreCakePlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
moreCakePlz Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 8:48pm
post #1 of 8

For my 4th of July party I decided to use my guest (once again) as guinea pigs. This time they are taste testing different fondants. The test group includes:

Pettinice (White Rolled Fondant Icing)
Duffs (White Buttercream)
Choco-Pan (Wedding White)
Elite by Fondx (Silk White)
Fondarific (Buttercream Antique White)
Satin Ice (White Buttercream)
MMF Marshmallow Fondant
Michele Fosters Updated Fondant

Which is your favorite? I will let you know how the taste test goes.

Carol

7 replies
leepat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leepat Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 9:19pm
post #2 of 8

I use Massa Grischuna. I like the taste of it best and also it seems to be a lot easier for me.

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 11:11pm
post #3 of 8

My favorites are Fondarific (Buttercream Flavor) followed byChoco Pan.

I have done a similar test on my family using Fondx, Fondx Elite, Fondarific and Chocopan. They likes (in this order) Choco Pan, Fondarific, Fondx, Fondx Elite (we aren't raspberry fans).

Let us know how the experiment goes! icon_smile.gif

fanofcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fanofcake Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 11:25pm
post #4 of 8

I use Fondarific and I really like it! It doesn't require any shortening or powdered sugar/cornstarch to work with. AND if you "subscribe and save" on Amazon, you get it 15% off and FREE shipping on every order! It is only $25/5lbs. Can't beat that price!
icon_biggrin.gif

DeniseNH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeniseNH Posted 4 Jul 2012 , 11:35pm
post #5 of 8

That's what i've heard as well, Fondarific is the best to work with and tastes the best. Let us know.

yortma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yortma Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 2:40am
post #6 of 8

My favorite is Massa Grischuna Neutral, with Carma tropic a close second. Carma is a slightly brighter white. Check out the Which Fondant is Best Forum from a few months ago.

JWinslow Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JWinslow Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 3:14am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by yortma

My favorite is Massa Grischuna Neutral, with Carma tropic a close second. Carma is a slightly brighter white. Check out the Which Fondant is Best Forum from a few months ago.

I used Carma tropic for the first time and just LOVED it. Ordered more. What is the difference between the Tropic and Grischuna?

Jeanne

FromScratchSF Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratchSF Posted 5 Jul 2012 , 5:50am
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWinslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by yortma

I used Carma tropic for the first time and just LOVED it. Ordered more. What is the difference between the Tropic and Grischuna?

Jeanne

different manufacturers. Massa Ticino is by Carma, and I am a HUGE fan. I have tested all the Albert Uster fondants (even the new Nicholas Logde line) and I think they are all nasty.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%