Headphone Help

Decorating By CakeBakeMomma Updated 21 Nov 2012 , 10:00pm by Ceej

CakeBakeMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBakeMomma Posted 18 Jun 2012 , 3:52pm
post #1 of 12

Hi everyone icon_smile.gif

I am doing a cake for someone I know, I am ok with making cakes and covering them with fondant and stuff, however I need to make a cake that looks like a head hair on the top with Beats headphones going over it this cake is due friday and I have no idea how to make the headphones :S I am in need of some help and please in terms I understand lol I have only been baking for a couple years.

11 replies
Jeep_girl816 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jeep_girl816 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 5:16am
post #2 of 12

Maybe use the bottom part of a cupcake, I'd use the jumbo ones if possible, on each side of the "head" with a wide fondant band connecting them. You could also sculpt them out of rice krispies too if you don't have the pans. Good luck!

CakeBakeMomma Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 8:23am
post #3 of 12

Thanks icon_smile.gif might see about the cereal thing, although I have never used cereal before lol this will be interesting lmao

Crazy-Gray Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crazy-Gray Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 9:09am
post #4 of 12

If it helps the recipe for RKT I use is (I think I found it on CC originally):
melt 5oz marshamallows in a BIG bowl in the microwave- full power 2 mins, stir and microwave another 1 min, add 3 cups of rice cereal and mix in with a water moistened spoon.
Pack it into any type of mold- cup, bowl etc and set in the fridge for 20 mins

If you pack it into some muffin tin holes you'd get almost the right shape- just slice off the bootom off so they sit square on the board. icon_smile.gif HTH

CakeBakeMomma Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 1:52pm
post #5 of 12

aww thanks, well i will try that I am having nightmares for real about this cake lol I hope I can pull it off :S haha its all good fun right?!

jani2316 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jani2316 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 2:09pm
post #6 of 12

You can go to the Galleries section and type Headphones and see many ideas to make a headphone cake. icon_biggrin.gif

Lynne3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lynne3 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 4:29pm
post #7 of 12

Found this pic online. Its so odd, but I thought it may help
LL

CakeBakeMomma Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 5:31pm
post #8 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynne3

Found this pic online. Its so odd, but I thought it may help

Thats eactly what i am going to try to do lol I found the same pic, apart from she used a headband I realld dont want to do that want it all edible, Any ideas for the the hair? the face I am going to do cartoon style eyes maybe like super mario eyes or something all advise welcome icon_smile.gif

Lynne3 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 7:13pm
post #9 of 12

The thing I found odd about the cake was that the creator obviously used an edible image that had a photo of the persons face.

Lynne3 Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 7:21pm
post #10 of 12

http://beadsnpieces.co.uk/beats-by-dr-dre-headphones-cake/

She tells exactly how she made it and what she would do different if doing it again. Also, headphones are made from RKT and red cord is licorice. Clicking on her pictures makes them HUGE

CakeBakeMomma Posted 19 Jun 2012 , 7:52pm
post #11 of 12

Ya I'm not going to use an edible image haha mine will probably look really bad in comparison to this cake but going to try my best I bought and edible marker so if all fairly the b logo will look perfect lmao icon_biggrin.gif

Ceej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ceej Posted 21 Nov 2012 , 10:00pm
post #12 of 12

I've seen yours - you did a pretty good job!

I'm only 5 months behind in seeing this thread... I made the one with the spooky eyes in the photos you've linked to.

My face panel wasn't edible. It was a photo that had been laminated. The headband was technically edible - made of pastillage - but it wouldn't have tasted very nice and I think the eater's teeth would probably have splintered all around the room!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%