Kinda Bummed

Lounge By cakemama22 Updated 20 Mar 2012 , 10:48am by Jennifer353

cakemama22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemama22 Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 3:30am
post #1 of 11

There's a bakery in town that's hiring. So a few weeks ago I brought in my resume and cake portfolio. I got to talk to the manager and it seemed to go really well. She said that she's had a few people apply, but they haven't had any cake experience. They mostly say things like "I'd like to decorate cakes". I thought for sure I would at least get an interview.
A few days later I called back to follow up and left a message for the manager. She sent me an email saying that they would be making choices later that week and thank you for coming in this weekend. I hadn't heard from them in at least a week, so I called back a couple days ago and left another message inquiring about whether the position had been filled as I hadn't heard anything from them. I still haven't heard back from them.
I'm kinda bummed, cause I really would have loved this job. The hours would have worked great with my schedual and I would have been doing something I loved all the time. I'd just really like to know if they still just haven't gotten around to doing interviews and hiring people (I mean, Valentine's day was just this past week), or if they hired someone else and then just never returned my calls or even gave me the chance at an interview.

icon_sad.gif

10 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 18 Feb 2012 , 4:01am
post #2 of 11

Hi,

I can understand how your feeling but, try not to get discouraged because sometimes, no news is good news. I know it sounds blah but it could mean something good, you never know icon_smile.gif Also, keep in mind that Valetines day was this week and maybe they were very busy upon and during the holiday You did good by staying in contact and letting them know that your very interested in the posotion. At least they know that your a go getter. Try to stay positive and I pray that you get the job. Remember whats for you is for YOU and nothing can change that. STAY POSITIVE icon_smile.gif

God Bless

sing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sing Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 2:54am
post #3 of 11

Keep your chin up, your cakes are very nice icon_smile.gif, and if you don't get this position there will be other ones along the way. So keep practicing and the next job opportunity that comes along you will have even more skills to show icon_smile.gif

Good Luck and keep us updated!

cakemama22 Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 11:42pm
post #4 of 11

Thanks guys. I really needed the encouragement icon_smile.gif

sing Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sing Posted 21 Feb 2012 , 11:43pm
post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemama22

Thanks guys. I really needed the encouragement icon_smile.gif

thumbs_up.gif

QuebecGirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QuebecGirl Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 3:03pm
post #6 of 11

In my world, the hire process takes WEEKS and it feels like it takes forever before you hear anything. Back when you interviewed was a very busy time and you did the right thing.

Did you hear back from them? I hope it went well for you thumbs_up.gif

cakemama22 Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 6:39pm
post #7 of 11

I still haven't heard from them. I got another job in the meantime...not cake related, but I've got bills to pay.

cakemama22 Posted 19 Mar 2012 , 9:00pm
post #8 of 11

So the bakery called me last friday for an interview, and I GOT THE JOB!!!!! I start next Wednesday icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 1:06am
post #9 of 11

Woo hoo! Congratulations!

BizCoCos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BizCoCos Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 3:54am
post #10 of 11

wapate, woot hoot, congrats

Jennifer353 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jennifer353 Posted 20 Mar 2012 , 10:48am
post #11 of 11

Congratulations!!