What Do You Think Of Martha?

Decorating By adven68 Updated 14 Sep 2005 , 3:37am by crimsonhair

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 5:11pm
post #1 of 8

Her premiere just ended a little while ago here in NY. Has anyone else seen it? She was pretty good, although she seemd very nervous to me....she was totally laughing at herself which was very cool. Also, the segment with Marcia Cross was very funny. I wonder when she'll decorate some cakes?

7 replies
bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 5:20pm
post #2 of 8

I missed it. I need a dvr or whatever you call those things. I love watching martha just because she makes everything look so easy and so elegant. She is so talented. To master cooking and decorating and gardening...it's amazing.

I subscribed to martha stewart kids. Last week my 5 yr old dd took it upon herself to turn her shoeboxes into decorated rooms for her small toys. I thought just *maybe* I needed some new project ideas to challenge her. icon_smile.gif (Whatever happened to going outside and making mudpies?)

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 5:31pm
post #3 of 8

I usually love her shows, too. She's also doing something like "The Apprentice". I have to find out more about that. One thing I wasn't crazy about on this first show was that she made scrambled eggs with Marcia Cross. That was ok, but her idea to "plate" them was by putting them in actual egg shells that the top was cut off of. Like, what can you fit in there? 1 tablespoon of eggs? That was not so great, but the rest of the show was fine. The best part was her idea to get the eggs in the shell....put them in a pastry bag first and then "pipe" them in. That is waaaaaaayyyyyyy too much trouble for scrambled eggs...and Marcia Cross was burning her hands when she squeezed the pastry bag. I guess they didn't think it out very well. I will watch her again, though.

bubblezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bubblezmom Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 5:58pm
post #4 of 8

Using a cut off ziplock bag to pipe in the devilled egg filling is the best thing ever! I just discovered that method last year. I've lived off salad and grilled chicken breasts for most of my adult life. I've just recently learned to cook "real" food. icon_smile.gif

For scrambled eggs, that just seems plain silly.

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 12 Sep 2005 , 6:10pm
post #5 of 8

Thanks for the reminder....I now have it programed.

vitade Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vitade Posted 13 Sep 2005 , 9:44am
post #6 of 8

She did seem nervous but I think that made her seem more real. I liked seeing her in action as usual but it was nice to hear her laugh while doing it. I think the live audience liked it to. Can't watch to see her do a cake!
I'm not sure though, seems like she's still keeping it so segmented in all the different areas and having guest, we probably won't see much of cake decorating.

By the way, isn't there suppose to be a new show on Food Network about cakes? Is it going to be desserts or cakes? Anyone know?

Rose

SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 3:11am
post #7 of 8

I am really glad you started this post yesterday because I wasn't aware her program was starting this week. So I missed the first show but caught today's. I enjoyed it very much. I am glad to see her back! Thanks for bringing it up!
Hugs Squirrelly Cakes

crimsonhair Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crimsonhair Posted 14 Sep 2005 , 3:37am
post #8 of 8

I missed yesterdays show too but made sure I tuned in for todays show.. I thought it was great and the fact that she can laugh at her experience in prison is a tribute to what a strong lady she is. Todays show with David Spade was so funny.. I am so happy she is back on tv . icon_smile.gif
Liz

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%